• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you currently driving?

amsemp

Director⭐
Looking for a couple of pointers!

My trusty Corsa SXI has served me well(ish) for the last 3 years but she's now sadly coming to the end. I'm saving hard at the moment with a view to buying a BMW 1 Series 123d M Sport 2.0L sometime early next year.

Question is, can't decide if it's the hatchback or coupe that I want. I'm about 90% sure it's the hatchback I want but don't know for sure. Has anyone owned or know anyone who's owned a hatchback or coupe that can give me a few pointers/advice as to which is better? Any other suggestions are welcome too :thumbsup:

I've got a 1 Series 118d Coupe and I love it more than I've loved any woman! I personally think the hatchbacks look more like a hairdressers car. The M Sports are rapid though!

I've got a 1 Series 118d Coupe and I love it more than I've loved any woman! I personally think the hatchbacks look more like a hairdressers car. The M Sports are rapid though!

Haha! I do really like the coupe and it has crossed my mind that the hatchback looks a bit hairdressery, but heard someone say the coupe is very bumpy to drive and doesn't handle as well as a hatchback. Have you ever driven a hatchback for comparison?

Haha! I do really like the coupe and it has crossed my mind that the hatchback looks a bit hairdressery, but heard someone say the coupe is very bumpy to drive and doesn't handle as well as a hatchback. Have you ever driven a hatchback for comparison?

The reason it was bumpy was most probably because it had M Sport suspension and possibly run-flat tyres which does give the car a very hard feel so if you have a lot of long-ish journeys to do (I assume this is why you're getting a Diesel?) take note as you'll feel all the bumps in the road. I had a 2010 118D M Sport hire car for work while waiting for the new company to car arrive and it got a bit tedious after a while although I did enjoy the handling it had.

Also remember M Sport is just a trim level and won't make it go any faster than a car in standard trim (engine power wise that is, the tighter suspension will obviously give it an edge going round corners), and they are a little cramped inside so if you plan on having someone actually use the rear seats at any point well...it's not the roomiest place to be, from a driver and front passenger perspective it's fine though.

The current 1 series coupe is getting replaced next year with the new 2 series so if you were thinking of buying new then bear that in mind.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/bmw/2-series/63997/bmw-2-series-coupe-price-and-release-date

I'd recommend booking some test drives to get a feel of the suspension/handling differences.

Pretty useless car if it can't go left or right. :winking:

Yer, does that too. It's a Nissan Micra, my wife's more than mine. Nothing fills me with boredom than anything to do with cars, so I apologise for posting on this thread!

Yer, does that too. It's a Nissan Micra, my wife's more than mine. Nothing fills me with boredom than anything to do with cars, so I apologise for posting on this thread!

Best car in the world. Easy to park, economic and really good at annoying other drivers when you drive at the correct speed.
And safe as houses as no self respecting car thief would go near it.

I had to hire a Corsa recently and this is so inferior to a Micra as it is possible to get. Really sluggish.

Best car in the world. Easy to park, economic and really good at annoying other drivers when you drive at the correct speed.
And safe as houses as no self respecting car thief would go near it.

I had to hire a Corsa recently and this is so inferior to a Micra as it is possible to get. Really sluggish.

Economic? £90 on petrol per month and she only works 10 minutes down the road :angry:

Back