• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you having for lunch? (rolling thread)

3 large, grilled thick smoked bacon rashers from Byford's butcher's, in 1/2 a Tiger baguette.
An ideal 'top up' after last nights great pizza's at the superb SUEPA event!.

Thanks R, had never heard of it!.
My friend went there a few weeks ago and loved it. He's going back soon. Then this week it was in the echo. I've take out the photo's.

Essex Oyster Co’s restaurant with rapidly growing reputation​

Owner Audrey DeVere-Hunt is 'proud to offer something unique'

Hidden away in an unassuming industrial estate is a “high quality” seafood restaurant with a rapidly growing reputation through word of mouth.

Essex Oyster Co’s Surf and Turf Restaurant, just off Pound Lane, Bowers Gifford, serves up fresh seafood from Essex fisheries and further afield.
Owners Audrey and Scott DeVere-Hunt opened the 30-seat restaurant in September and have recently opened a new enclosed terrace to fit another 30 customers in amid soaring demand.
Christopher and Margaret Tickle (front) have recommended the restaurant to friends and family alike.
Audrey said: “We’re becoming known by customers as a hidden gem. We’re proud to offer something unique. You’d be hard pushed to find anywhere nearby that does what we do at this quality.
“We’ve had a hell of a lot more people coming through our doors than we expected, given our location.”
Audrey says the restaurant’s “amazing chefs” are key to drawing customers in.

She added: “Nothing we sell here is frozen. All of our food is freshly made.”

Audrey’s husband Scott has worked in the seafood industry for three decades, starting with a stall in London. The business quickly expanded to takeaways and deliveries throughout Essex, before the couple eventually opened their restaurant.
Owner Scott DeVere-Hunt has recently opened the new enclosed terrace.
And their latest venture is proving a hit with happy diners.
Margaret Tickle, from Rayleigh, said: “If you love fish, this is the place to come.”
“I love it. We came here on a friend’s recommendation and have visited a few times now. I’ve also recommended it to my friends.”
Husband Christopher added: “People are quickly learning about this place through word of mouth. The squid starters here are to die for, and the oysters are gorgeous.”

Head chef Ashley Bard, 34, from Ongar, said: “We were packed out every day we were open last week, and the week before that was just crazy. Restaurants are normally dead after Christmas but it’s just getting even busier here.

“The feedback has been unbelievable. I’m proud we’re offering good food, done well.”
Waitress Chloe Lipton, 34, from Chadwell St Mary, said: “A lot of people are shocked that they’ve only just discovered us. Because it’s a family-run business, our heart and passion shine through.”

Back