• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you listening to right now? Post Video links please.

Top work @MK Shrimper .. Drumming up interest on the other threads :Cool:

'Aerial' is a great album. I have a track to include on the BOTL thread. 'An Endless Sky of Honey' is a masterpiece. In fairness old Rolf wasn't known about at the time and barely speaks for more than 2 seconds.

True, and in later version her son replaces him. The ending of the album is just joyous, love it. Reminds me of the scenes at the Apollo (sorry mate).

I've played 'Before The Dawn' to death. I love the extra added bits on 'Prologue', plus the superb 'Sunset' .. 'Aerial' live itself as the final part of 'An Endless Sky .....' is just something else!

Seriously superb from Incognito from their new album. Collaborating with Take 6. Bluey and the boys still doing it after 40 years! :-

dug my 12" of this last night
That's mad considering the 4hero talk on the other thread.

From Wiki

In 1997, one 4hero track, a remix of Nuyorican Soul's "Black Gold of the Sun", was released to critical acclaim with Louie Vega himself describing it as "...one of the best remixes ever...".

I had this years ago, I'm sure it had a remix with Q-tip as well?

That's mad considering the 4hero talk on the other thread.

From Wiki

In 1997, one 4hero track, a remix of Nuyorican Soul's "Black Gold of the Sun", was released to critical acclaim with Louie Vega himself describing it as "...one of the best remixes ever...".

Sadly the record I have only has the MAW version on it and 'Runaway' on the flipside

The original of 'I am the black gold of the sun' by Rotary Connection is something very special, as well.

I have the 4Hero live version of this and 'Loveless' in my saved links :-

The original of 'I am the black gold of the sun' by Rotary Connection is something very special, as well.

I have the 4Hero live version of this and 'Loveless' in my saved links :-

I would have loved to have seen 4hero live, I read an interview with Dego once saying that the live shows were too expensive as the collective was too large and they had to pay near enough a whole orchestra

I would have loved to have seen 4hero live, I read an interview with Dego once saying that the live shows were too expensive as the collective was too large and they had to pay near enough a whole orchestra

On the Montreux live version they used two string quartets. One of them was the Monaco String Quartet. Not sure of the other.

I remember also hunting down a version by The Decoders (session musicians from LA) who did a version with an excellent sax solo at the end :-

Back