• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What celebrity death has hit you hardest?

Probably Rob Collins of the Charlatans back in 1996.

He was an unlucky bugger, firstly his mate asks him to stop outside an off licence and his mate robs it at gunpoint, firing off a shot, which gets Rob 8 months inprisonment although he always maintained that he had no idea what was going on.

Then a few years later he dies in a car crash, ok I know he was over the limit and not wearing a seltbelt but even so he was a fantastically gifted keyboard player and the Charlatans were recording Tellin Stories at the time. A real shame that could've been avoided but I guess thats rock n roll!

Topped himself about 8 years ago. IIRC in a hotel room in Finland. Can't be bothered to Google it, so take that as gospel.

On 16 December 2001 he was found dead, by self-strangulation, in a room at the Best Western Plaza Hotel in Honolulu, Hawaii. At the time of death he had a blood-alcohol content of 0.279%

Allow me...That Michael Hutchence has got a lot to answer for....

Barry Sheene(cancer), James Hunt(heart attack), Graham Hill (plane crash) and Mike Hailwood(killed on way to get fish and chips, but hit lorry which was doing an illegal u-turn). All had retired from very dangerous carreers - I found that ironic.

Marc Bolan for me. I cried for days after although at the time I was in my teens

Back