• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What did ya get for Christmas?

Drastic™;1691240 said:
Think that's a Richard Argent print isn't it? He's a good local artist that does histories of towns & football teams http://www.argentart.co.uk/

I got a record player, Yo La Tengo vinyl, some Murakami books, Walking Dead compendium and Kelly Reichardt Blu-ray boxset. :thumbsup:

Cheers Drastic.:thumbsup:Put my SZ Apprentice winnings to good use.:happy:

My mum got me a 5 pack of socks with days of the week on them - the odd thing is there are 3 pairs of 'Friday' and 2 pairs of 'Thursday'.

I got a torch from my mum. I already have 4 torches and I'm pretty sure at least one of them was a previous present. Probably get another one next year.

You really are the light of her life.

Star Wars Vans, a couple of tops, beer, a few books and some Zloty. A decent haul really, for a grown up.

Borehamwood but says it's Elstree Aerodrome

It is indeed Elstree Aerodrome, which is where my plane is based!

R22s are great little helicopters. I have a feeling you're going to really enjoy the experience.

If you're serious about making a day of it, could I suggest The Battle Axes for lunch? There is a café/restaurant at the aerodrome, but I'm not sure the food will be anywhere near as good. The Battle Axes is about a 60 second drive from the aerodrome, and if you sit outside you'll probably be able to see to planes coming in to land over the school the other side of the road. That's assuming they're using runway 26, which is in use about 90% of the time. (Obviously having lunch on the aerodrome would give you the best view though.)

There is also The Fisheries, but that is further away. We took the boys there for lunch a few weeks ago, and it wasn't up to its evening meal standards, although that could be because of the xmas parties and having a much reduced menu. (However, as I pointed out to my wife, there simply is no excuse for serving me a roasted parsnip soup that tasted of water!)

Whatever you decide, have a great time, and if you need any further advice, feel free to ask.

Back