• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
Where has Spicer and Brogan gone was hear most off pre season one or both looked like coming in now nothing .Does any one have any news on these players .Sturrock said he was giving them some thought is he still thinking but there is no news coming out from the club .:unsure:

Although its not confirmed the general consensus was there was an embargo in place until Monday.

Additionally we are stuggling to agree terms with Spicer.

Although its not confirmed the general consensus was there was an embargo in place until Monday.

Additionally we are stuggling to agree terms with Spicer.
QUOTE=Jam_Man;1422761]Although its not confirmed the general consensus was there was an embargo in place until Monday.

Additionally we are stuggling to agree terms with Spicer.[/QUOTE]

Is now Thursday!
Even allowing for the possibility there was an embargo, you would think the club would have explained the situation to either or both players required. You would have thought that they would have been signed before now a la Belford???!!

Yes, Accrington are a League 2 side but they will still be a stern test. Even allowing for the fact that it was a talented (if young) Spurs side and that Posh are two leagues above - it would appear we were not just beaten but shown to be woeful.

I am not painting everything doom and gloom and of course keep the faith. However, we need at least one central midfielder for Saturday...the clock is ticking!!! Is crucial as a good start would inject some needed confidence for extremely tricky trips to Oxford and Cobblers. A poor start???..then two potentially difficult away games...following on from 0-6, 0-4 ..? Well lets just say that the next few days could be significant either way.

C'MON YOU SHRIMPERS!

Monday??

I've been reading some of the comments on here and in the local rag (echo) and so far it's all been quite negative, yes I do admit we must bring in atleast one mid field player and we've just had two really bad performances in pre-season but I still strongly believe we will do good things this coming season.

I've been reading some of the comments on here and in the local rag (echo) and so far it's all been quite negative, yes I do admit we must bring in atleast one mid field player and we've just had two really bad performances in pre-season but I still strongly believe we will do good things this coming season.

Good for you. I hope so too.

However, losing Granty, losing 0-6, losing 0-4, no centre midfield, no money and no settled strike partnership, temporary keeper. You are a strong believer.
Good for you! Keep it up.

Losing Grant was a real blow. JPK's injury and subsequent release didn't help either. We need just one experienced midfielder though and all will be well.

I hope.

Losing Grant was a real blow. JPK's injury and subsequent release didn't help either. We need just one experienced midfielder though and all will be well.

I hope.

It is a long season and we have the basis of a decent side...it just a couple of quality additions. Not as simple as it may sound.

Only 46 games to go!

Is now Thursday!
Even allowing for the possibility there was an embargo, you would think the club would have explained the situation to either or both players required. You would have thought that they would have been signed before now a la Belford???!!

Yes, Accrington are a League 2 side but they will still be a stern test. Even allowing for the fact that it was a talented (if young) Spurs side and that Posh are two leagues above - it would appear we were not just beaten but shown to be woeful.

I am not painting everything doom and gloom and of course keep the faith. However, we need at least one central midfielder for Saturday...the clock is ticking!!! Is crucial as a good start would inject some needed confidence for extremely tricky trips to Oxford and Cobblers. A poor start???..then two potentially difficult away games...following on from 0-6, 0-4 ..? Well lets just say that the next few days could be significant either way.

C'MON YOU SHRIMPERS!

Monday??

Belford was a loan so could be signed.

Brogan and Spicer are permanent signings. I dont think either will be here this weekend but hope there will be a signing none the less.

Good for you. I hope so too.

However, losing Granty, losing 0-6, losing 0-4, no centre midfield, no money and no settled strike partnership, temporary keeper. You are a strong believer.
Good for you! Keep it up.

Losing Grant is an issue.
losing 0-6 and 0-4 means not more than us beating Ipswich.
No money ? no shock there!
No settled strike partnership ? Happy personally with Eastwood/Harris.
Temporary keeper ? Had a temp keeper half of last season and at least he knows everyone.

The central midfield is certainly the one issue that is concerning, it may be ok against Accrington, but far for ideal.

Lets get to 52 points and then see were we go......!!

You are Steve Tilson and I claim my £5 :)

Losing Grant is an issue.
losing 0-6 and 0-4 means not more than us beating Ipswich.
No money ? no shock there!
No settled strike partnership ? Happy personally with Eastwood/Harris.
Temporary keeper ? Had a temp keeper half of last season and at least he knows everyone.

The central midfield is certainly the one issue that is concerning, it may be ok against Accrington, but far for ideal.

You are Steve Tilson and I claim my £5 :)

Hmmm losing 0-6 and 0-4 is not at all the same as beating Ipswich. To be so woeful has to be a concern.

I am sure the manager feels the 0-10 aggregate of the last two matches are unacceptable and is working towards a drastic improvement on Saturday.

Hmmm losing 0-6 and 0-4 is not at all the same as beating Ipswich. To be so woeful has to be a concern.

I am sure the manager feels the 0-10 aggregate of the last two matches are unacceptable and is working towards a drastic improvement on Saturday.

They are all irrelevant as they were against opposition in higher leagues.

League two team plays championship team away and loses. Theres no shock there, we even hit the bar twice.

Im sure Sturrock wasnt happy to see his team lose, but that doesnt mean its anything to be worried about any more than beating Ipswich is a reason to say we should be in the Championship.

The season starts Saturday, thats when we start judging!

If we are not interested in The League Cup (or whatever form it is now) then we should not enter or certainly stop 307 Shrimpers travelling. It was a competitive game, a diificult tie.
But ask any current or former footballing pro...the game can be won or lost in the head and confidence is incredibly important. 0-10 over two games? That is drastic and very, very poor.

I agree the League 2 season starts on Saturday..but the team is currently judged on preparation. On Saturday it will be judged again against Stanley.

We must improve.

Having said that. We can definately win on Saturday and hopefully the last two games will be the motivation to smash Accrington!

We are intersted in the league cup, but when you play teams higher than you in the leagues the realistic outcome is you will lose.

Winning would have been an incredible result, losing not a disaster.

Its like saying beating Standbridge 5-0 was a great result for us and we should now be really confident....

5-0 is always a great result and boosts confidence.

0-6 and 0-4 on the bounce, are poor results and sap confidence.

Is the nature of sport!

How would the confidence of lets say, Scotland be if:

A) they lost 0-6 to Argentina in a friendly international and then 0-4 to Russia in a tournament? Both superior sides.

B) They beat San Marino 5-0 away in a friendly? A victory against an inferior side.

Winning is the key.

Back