• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you done for SUFC national recognition?

My claim to fame: appeared in April 1999 Match of the Day monthly mag in their regular feature "Walking in a ....(Southend).. Wonderland"

Two pages of me on SUFC for the nation to enjoy.

Beat that.

Up the Blues

Got a snippet of my fanzine collumn about Southend published in The Sun - Britains biggest selling newspaper
unclesam.gif

my housemate used my name to post the rumour the fredy eastwood was going to norwich (the first time round) on the pinkun (norwich's forums). next thing i know he is calling me saying the national press are talking to tilly down at boots and lace about it all.

2 seasons ago i went to the strawberry fair in cambridge and random people came up to me and said well done for wearing the southend shirt, all i get now is glory hunter
biggrin.gif

Got my flag on tv during the englnad v poland match on the 12 oct. unfortunately they missed off the S and O. but i knew it was there.  
down.gif

it was just over 4 minutes into the game and lamps was taking a free kick.

Arranged a SUFC pennant to travel around the Globe, as seen in the Echo, All at Sea, The trust site etc.

I've also had my picture on something called 'Shrimperzone' too.
cool.gif

I got interviewed by a Sky Sports reporter on the streets of Cardiff after the Play-Off Final....

....never got broadcast though!!

down.gif

They also filmed me on the way into the ground, which didn't get shown either!

down.gif
down.gif

* Been on 606 twice and "You're on Talksport" once talking up the mighty SUFC.

* Wrote the "Best Ever / Worst Ever" player pen-portraits (Powell / Connelly) for a FourFourTwo special feature.

cool.gif

Made the front page of the echo, The radios, and a small bit in the star, for fighting against Ipswich back in 95?? I think??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave cusaks nose @ Oct. 20 2005,09:47)]Made the front page of the echo, The radios, and a small bit in the star, for fighting against Ipswich back in 95?? I think??
How did you get on? Was it the whole of Ipswich or just a nominated few?

If it was the whole of Ipswich was it in a tag-team "king of the ring" stylee?

My South London Shrimpers flag can be seen at every Southend home game on FIFA 2006!

Wore a Southend scarf at the 2001 European Cup Final and the silver LDV shirt at the Olympic Velodrome in Athens last year.

Not that either afforded me any recognition...just looks of pity.

I mentioned us FOUR times when i appeared on The Big Breakfast in 2000 and managed to get the club acknowledged live on air by Richard Bacon.

Made the echo a couple of times, once as "the face in the crowd" which got me free tickets for a match.

Also there is a bar in Singapore with one of my old shirts and a scarf on the wall, alongside shirts from Barcelona, Arsenal & Real Madrid.

Got interviewed after the Col Ewe game at Roots Hall this season by a radio station (Not sure which one), asking about the game and mainly about Eastwood (Who was suspended). They asked whether I was looking forward to a firing Goater and Eastwood partnership, too which I replied Freddy who? Cue laughter, a weird stare and the end of the interview, something I said
rock.gif

Back