• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Fear the Walking Dead.

Think this will be good, but boring first episode. Took too long to get going and all the characters so far I want to get eaten, they arent particularly likeable.

It's the pilot. They're never great episodes, they've got too much to do in 42 minutes. Only seen the first three minutes they put online but it wasn't gripping. Or overly scarey. I see FEAR in the title, I want scares damnit.

Just finished watching the final season of Sons of Anarchy, apart from season 3 what a great show. Addictive from the off and something I will definitely be watching again. They really did pull out all the names for the final season, you had almost the whole cast of The Shield with a 3 out of 4 original members of the strike team in it. if you haven't seen Sons of Anarchy before and want something to watch then it really is worth it!

It's the pilot. They're never great episodes, they've got too much to do in 42 minutes. Only seen the first three minutes they put online but it wasn't gripping. Or overly scarey. I see FEAR in the title, I want scares damnit.

Its a long episode, just over an hour long.

I expected a slow build up, but pretty much nothing happens till the last 5 minutes.

It will get better but they should have had two episodes back to back to at least get you into the story.

Not your typical American pilot, where the show never sees the light of day if it doesnt get good viewing figures. It was always going to have a huge following due to the parent show and they had a free slate to do what they wished. IIRC, the opening episode of TWD had Rick waking up in hospital after about 10 minutes, with a hospital full of walkers - it was action from the first few minutes.

However, I haven't actually caught up with it yet. :smile:

The Fear of the walking dead is a different slant as Im sure most know, its about the out break so you do expect the first part to be slow.

It certainly was and I just think there was too much build up and a lot of the scenes were too slow paced and many could have been left out. It doesnt help the characters are quite unlike able so you want them to get eaten.

It will pick up and hopefully will be a good show, but Id recommend leaving the first episode and watching it backto back with the second one.

I really like the look of Narcos, a ten part drama about Pablo Escobar and the Medellin cartel.

Debuts 28th August on Netflix....

The Fear of the walking dead is a different slant as Im sure most know, its about the out break so you do expect the first part to be slow.

It certainly was and I just think there was too much build up and a lot of the scenes were too slow paced and many could have been left out. It doesnt help the characters are quite unlike able so you want them to get eaten.

It will pick up and hopefully will be a good show, but Id recommend leaving the first episode and watching it backto back with the second one.

Caught up with it last night - thought it was pretty decent. Definite air of impending doom with the never ending noises of sirens, helicopters etc. Slow maybe, horrible teenage children, and fairly obvious to spot who's first to get it. Look forward to part 2.

Last edited:
Yes, I know most people who love it have seen it all now, but I'm a Luddite who watches shows as when they come on TV so am currently really enjoying Parks and Recreation on Dave.

In the episode I saw last night, April and Andy went to the Grand Canyon as part of his bucket list. It was beautifully shot and quite a tender moment, typical for a show that has a real heart to it.

Then Andy says "But where are the faces of all the presidents carved in to the rock" and I was falling off the chair laughing.

A genuinely all-time great show.

Yes, I know most people who love it have seen it all now, but I'm a Luddite who watches shows as when they come on TV so am currently really enjoying Parks and Recreation on Dave.

In the episode I saw last night, April and Andy went to the Grand Canyon as part of his bucket list. It was beautifully shot and quite a tender moment, typical for a show that has a real heart to it.

Then Andy says "But where are the faces of all the presidents carved in to the rock" and I was falling off the chair laughing.

It's brilliant.

200.gif

Indeed, had absolutely everything - great comedy, great characters, geniune warmth. Possibly the finest American comedy ever.

Exactly, it's perfectly pleasant without ever becoming twee. gonna end up doing a re-watch...

Caught up with it last night - thought it was pretty decent. Definite air of impending doom with the never ending noises of sirens, helicopters etc. Slow maybe, horrible teenage children, and fairly obvious to spot who's first to get it. Look forward to part 2.

Bit dull, but Im sure as it builds up it will be good, and will run up to the real Walking Dead.

Great show and incredibly Ive just realised I havent actually watched the last series!

Im sorry but Parks and Rec is a close 2nd to Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the darkest yet funniest sitcom.

Not seen it, so I can't pass judgement but the thing is P&R had absolutely no darkness in it. Everybody got caught up in Lesley's boundless optimism, including the audience!

Back