• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bloody end of the year presents for teachers. My daughter got some small boxes of chocolates and made her own card, but some in her class have given gift vouchers of £25. Ridiculous.

I’m not missing the point! I know she is not replacing James Bond or 007. You either do a spin off or you retire Bond and end it. It’s not a dying franchise but if they go with this storyline then it will die a quick and fast death!
I'm still not with you? If she's not replacing Bond or 007, why would they need a spin off or to retire Bond or end the franchise? Pretty safe bet the film will cover it off. At the moment, there is no storyline here beyond the fact that he has retired (not for the first time) and comes back (not for the first time) to find someone else has his number (okay, so that one is a first!). Only the select few will know how that is going to pan out. All it's doing now is building headlines for the film, which they'll be more than happy about.

It's a clever way of dealing with what has become a ridiculous and overblown issue without pandering to political correctness.

I agree with most of what you’ve said, but to plays devils advocate, I’d suggest that the bit above might not necessarily be the case. It could be a subtle way of gauging response from fans, for a potential future story.

If there’s a warm response, then I could see them going this way at some point, even if it was a spin-off film, or TV programme.

Bloody end of the year presents for teachers. My daughter got some small boxes of chocolates and made her own card, but some in her class have given gift vouchers of £25. Ridiculous.

It should be banned for a few reasons. The main one being that every class usually has some poor kids in the class(Not their fault). Because of the cuts, I know a couple of parents where they are struggling so much they are using food banks. Expected to find money for a present for the teacher was a problem for them. They also didn't want to embarrass their child by giving the cheapest and worst present.

It should be banned for a few reasons. The main one being that every class usually has some poor kids in the class(Not their fault). Because of the cuts, I know a couple of parents where they are struggling so much they are using food banks. Expected to find money for a present for the teacher was a problem for them. They also didn't want to embarrass their child by giving the cheapest and worst present.

You’d have thought teachers got enough as it is. They barely work 6 hours per day, don’t work weekends, have around 16 weeks holiday every year, and are on well above minimum wage.

:Fishing:

Agree wholeheartedly. A £15 trip to The Living Rainforest was cancelled as not enough parents paid (though if they chose not to is another matter as it's not obligatory). My daughter's best mate has 4 siblings, all at school. That's quite a cost.

I agree with most of what you’ve said, but to plays devils advocate, I’d suggest that the bit above might not necessarily be the case. It could be a subtle way of gauging response from fans, for a potential future story.

If there’s a warm response, then I could see them going this way at some point, even if it was a spin-off film, or TV programme.
Of course it could and only they will know. The strong 'rumour' was that Danny Boyle quit Bond 25 because "he refused to kill Bond" so anything is always possible.

Rain.

The cyclists enemy.

Indeed, not just the cyclist's enemy though.My wife was driving back to SC early last night (after dropping off our grandson with his parents after their stay in Tangier) when a violent Med.storm caused some debris from a tree to fall on the car.Resulting in a broken side+wing mirror and some other damage.Fortunately she wasn't hurt but came back to the house in a state of shock.Has rather put the kibosh on our weekend away in Sète though.:Frustrated:

Last edited:
Whilst i'm no fan of cycling in the rain, its the wind I hate, especially when cycling uphill and you feel like you're barely moving.
@MK Shrimper, I reckon you've reached an age when you could be excused for having one of those battery packs on the back of your bike. Wind/rain/hill? turn it on, easy peasy :Thumbs up:

No chance! I got overtaken last week by an old git on one of those and felt quite outraged.
You see, the fact that you were quite outraged and your 40th birthday is now just a distant memory convinces me even more that now is your time for this:

Back