• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not over zealous, politics and the discussion of it have been banned from here because there a few on here who have spoiled it for those who are sensible and don’t resort to personal abuse. As certain people continue to show their inability to play nicely the discussion of politics remains banned.

Ricey,I've got news for you.IMO,everything (and everyone) is political (whether that's with a lower case or capital P) and whether they're aware of it or not. That includes the ownership and management of SUFC and SZ too,of course .:Winking:

We live in extremely challenging times both on and off the pitch.COYB.

AsI imagine you know full well,IMO I was not among the "few who have spoiled it for those who are sensible".Nor have I ever resorted "to personal abuse".

I made the mildest of possible comments about the Iran tanker situation.Granted it was political.But then as I said above, everything is,IMO.

Ricey,I've got news for you.IMO,everything (and everyone) is political (whether that's with a lower case or capital P) and whether they're aware of it or not. That includes the ownership and management of SUFC and SZ too,of course .:Winking:

We live in extremely challenging times both on and off the pitch.COYB.

AsI imagine you know full well,IMO I was not among the "few who have spoiled it for those who are sensible".Nor have I ever resorted "to personal abuse".

I made the mildest of possible comments about the Iran tanker situation.Granted it was political.But then as I said above, everything is,IMO.

Ironically, the IMO is the maritime law setting organisation. ps my comment wasn't political but got swept up in the aftermath I suppose.

Your original post was political, partial and inaccurate.

Lol. I was talking about stupidity that could cause a possible war. You then made you whole post political and confrontational. And that's why all our posts were deleted. Another poster even named you and another poster because of the replies and said he thought politics was banned. You could have replied about the subject rather than splitting hairs over who's tankers(and I was following some newspaper descriptions), and going all political.
Your reply is why we no longer have a politics thread. You and a few other usual suspects turned some politics posts into aggressive arguments, rather than sensible discussions. It was your way or no way, and sod anyone that had different views or supported a different party or leader. Then all the insults would start. I was only posting in the politics thread for less than 1 and a half years, but even after that short time, I fully understand why the mods closed it down, even tho I miss it very much.

Last edited:
Lol. I was talking about stupidity that could cause a possible war. You then made you whole post political and confrontational. And that's why all our posts were deleted. Another poster even named you and another poster because of the replies and said he thought politics was banned. You could have replied about the subject rather than splitting hairs over who's tankers(and I was following some newspaper descriptions), and going all political. You sound intelligent enough to do that.
And it this post and the ones above it (and the lashings of “wasn’t me guv”) doesn’t prove the point, I’m not sure what will. Strong opinions on all sides and an unwillingness to listen or even show respect doesn’t make this a fun place to be. Let’s move on now.

There are a group of homeless people camping outside the back of Southend museum. Nothing wrong with that however...

A female member of the group is absolutely wasted and is in a vulnerable state and is semi conscious in the blazing sun. The other members of the group don't seem bothered at all.

Two gnat bites. One on the left ankle and one on the edge of my right ear. Itching beyond belief in this weather? oh yeah!

BO on the train should be a criminal offence. sat next to a bloke this morning who had put a lot of effort into his hair and suit, yet still stunk like a Cornish pasty that had been left out in the sun.

Ryan ****ing Air. We're pretty much under the take off and landing route into Southend Airport. Easy Jet and the other airlines are pretty quiet both ways but since Ryan Air have started up the noise they generate is outrageous. With this very warm weather it's a difficult shout between windows open (heat) or shut (Ryan Air). I wish they would just **** off back to Stansted.

Ryan ****ing Air. We're pretty much under the take off and landing route into Southend Airport. Easy Jet and the other airlines are pretty quiet both ways but since Ryan Air have started up the noise they generate is outrageous. With this very warm weather it's a difficult shout between windows open (heat) or shut (Ryan Air). I wish they would just **** off back to Stansted.

It is because Easy Jet fly Airbus and Ryanair fly Boeing.

C2C advising people not to travel unless absolutely necessary because of the heat.

I have packed some chilled beers to keep me cool.

Perhapse Network Rail should have had similar foresight when building the railways.

Pah! Try living with F35’s and Tornados buzzing around at all hours. You get used to it after a while.

Back