• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry MG don’t want to provoke but it is more forget than “ relief “
Forget the dark moments, the things that seem immense but really are trivial
You live a lot in a parallel world, and think you look and act normal, but “ we” are too scared to ask that person are you OK and can get help

Not goading you MG, but unless people talk about experiences then the “ normal “ people will not understand , very scary for family members to tackle mental health, better understanding is needed for all and thankfully it’s getting more airing in public
#itsokaynottobeokay

Wish it was around years ago rather than “ Man Up” attitude

Sorry to preach to all x

Agree with all you’ve said, although I feel the part in bold is somewhat debatable. Not looking for a row, or as you said to MG, not looking to goad, just thought I’d highlight things from a different perspective.

Like you said, sometimes when you’re struggling mentally, you perceive things in an irrational way. For example, you could be out with friends, and all of a sudden feel out of place, like an outsider. You feel different from everyone else, and rationalise that you are the only one who feels like that. Whereas everyone else around you is “normal”.

So, getting on the lash, or tooting up a couple of grams when you're with friends, can actually make you feel like you’re back on that same level with everyone else around you. It makes you feel like you belong again.

That in itself is the relief. Relieved that you’re finally “normal” again - at least for a brief time. You don’t forget your problems, you just get a break from them.

I’m assuming from your post, this is a subject which you know intimately well, unfortunately. I too, know this stuff quite well.

Again, not taking umbrage with anything you’ve said, as it’s all valid. Simply wanted to add another perspective & explain why relief & forget are, if anything, two sides of the same coin.

None taken GBJ and yes knowledge from both sides of the coin re Mental Health and too be honest a proud survivor, whilst many have sadly not made it
You make many valid points re “Relief” and being the outsider when out with friends

It’s good to discuss and understand views from different people

Charity drives in the workplace.
Get to **** with that ****.

We had someone a few weeks ago who was demanding a minimum £5 donation for her daughter who was doing a skydive.

It wouldn’t be so bad if it was once in a blue moon, but there’s a brand new collection flying about every week.

Getting sick of dodging these ****ers.

Charity drives in the workplace.
Get to **** with that ****.

We had someone a few weeks ago who was demanding a minimum £5 donation for her daughter who was doing a skydive.

It wouldn’t be so bad if it was once in a blue moon, but there’s a brand new collection flying about every week.

Getting sick of dodging these ****ers.

When I worked for an American bank one of the administrators passed round a sponsorship form for the Gorilla run to raise money for conservation. I stuck myself down for a fiver. The partner in charge of the trading desk sponsored a grand.

My car is the one on the left parked sensibly at Tesco this morning. I came back to it after shopping to find the way this absolute bell end had left their car - which made it quite difficult to get in mine!

****er! :Angry:

20190730_094536.jpg

It's incredible how people park. No consideration or embarrassment at all. At the Asda car park in Shoebury, they spent a fortune re doing the car park so that all the gaps are much bigger, brilliant, taking into consideration that the average size of cars have increased and more people are driving 4x4 types. People still park well over the lines and into the next parking space, even with a small car, taking up two spaces. Unbelievable.

I get really annoyed when someone who believes they have a nice car parks across two spaces. When I drove a pice of **** I would deliberately park right next to them.

My car is the one on the left parked sensibly at Tesco this morning. I came back to it after shopping to find the way this absolute bell end had left their car - which made it quite difficult to get in mine!

It's incredible how people park. No consideration or embarrassment at all. At the Asda car park in Shoebury, they spent a fortune re doing the car park so that all the gaps are much bigger, brilliant, taking into consideration that the average size of cars have increased and more people are driving 4x4 types. People still park well over the lines and into the next parking space, even with a small car, taking up two spaces. Unbelievable.

View attachment 8497

Anyone that drives a car like that is probably over 70!

If that is the worst thing that happens on a trip to Tesco Pitsea then you have had a good day.

It was early, I hoped to avoid the worst of it - the travelator thing wasn't working inside, but I did manage to get round quite quickly and straight to a checkout operator just finishing up with her previous customer so, not too bad on that front.

Water bill shooting up from £33 a month to £123. Ring up Anglian Water and they reckon there's a leak from the supply point to my house. :Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry Mob::Angry Mob::Angry Mob::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry Mob:

Only just started the whole house buying rigmarole but already don't trust our solicitors, questioned several fees that turned out to be "mistakes" wonder how many people pay them blindly?

Blimey, that sounds very expensive?. My yearly total with Essex & Suffolk water & Anglian water combined is between £400-£450

Tell me about it. I had a toilet flush changed and if you didn't press it properly it leaked, though it was just a trickle. I'm struggling to think of why the price has risen so much. If it's a subterranean leak then it's home insurance time.

Back