• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I get a lot of helicopters flying overt, especially around the time of the British GP. Must show affluent Milton Keynes is compared to South East Essex. :Whistling:

I would love that.

I used to spend time in Cambridgeshire and there was, always something interesting flying by.

It’s our families day today and just had 2 F15’s buzz by my window.

People moaning that their trains are delayed/cancelled in this stupidly hot weather.

In these extreme temperatures there's a real risk of derailment or serious track damage. Stay at home, have an ice pop. Work won't miss you.

:Facepalm:

People moaning that their trains are delayed/cancelled in this stupidly hot weather.

In these extreme temperatures there's a real risk of derailment or serious track damage. Stay at home, have an ice pop. Work won't miss you.

:Facepalm:

Perhaps if train companies explained the reasoning a lot more, paying customers might be a tad more understanding?

Perhaps if train companies explained the reasoning a lot more, paying customers might be a tad more understanding?

I seen a few TOCS give a reason to why the service will be a bit **** today. It won't affect them - in fact they'll probably make money as asset failure due to weather is down to NR and any passenger refunds will pale in respect to the money they get in compensation.

Sitting on a train from Southend to Benfleet and thinking the Southend tourism board should be looking to attract a higher calibre of daytripper.

Much higher.

Just read a death notice for old friends daughter, to be predeceased by your child is awful. She had mental health issues and messed with "soft" drugs from teenage years.
Mental issues & drugs? how many times are those things (especially skunk) mixed together just as alcohol & mental health often are.

Just read a death notice for old friends daughter, to be predeceased by your child is awful. She had mental health issues and messed with "soft" drugs from teenage years.
Mental issues & drugs? how many times are those things (especially skunk) mixed together just as alcohol & mental health often are.

Terrible to read, but things are improving albeit very slowly

Men are not being so macho and being told to "Man up" once kids realise they are not alone it will be a step in the right direction

Not easy to confront a loved one, but if it saves a life. Drugs/Drink /self harming/silence all signs and this is someone who was diagnosed at 55, it took me that long and raising a family to realise I needed help

My daughter is in second year of being a Counsellor at uni and part time in a school in East Ham, the response from kids aged 6 who suffer has been amazing to her and the reports back from parents/school encouraging

Don't be afraid to confront your family if a sufferer or you believe someone is, its not being nosey its the first step to recover for many and you may just save a life

Donot be afraid to ask for help, I did and know realise how stupid I was with the macho image

Terrible to read, but things are improving albeit very slowly

Men are not being so macho and being told to "Man up" once kids realise they are not alone it will be a step in the right direction

Not easy to confront a loved one, but if it saves a life. Drugs/Drink /self harming/silence all signs and this is someone who was diagnosed at 55, it took me that long and raising a family to realise I needed help

My daughter is in second year of being a Counsellor at uni and part time in a school in East Ham, the response from kids aged 6 who suffer has been amazing to her and the reports back from parents/school encouraging

Don't be afraid to confront your family if a sufferer or you believe someone is, its not being nosey its the first step to recover for many and you may just save a life

Donot be afraid to ask for help, I did and know realise how stupid I was with the macho image

And anyone reading this who thinks "this is me", don't forget this sticky thread: https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/threads/help-is-out-there-for-you.96755/

It's ok not to be ok.

Sad news.

When suffering from any kind of mental health issue, drugs & booze are the absolute worst things to add into the mix.

Sad news.

When suffering from any kind of mental health issue, drugs & booze are the absolute worst things to add into the mix.
It is a real chicken/egg thing, what comes first.
In this case the cannabis produced the psychosis I believe; but for sure in many cases mental health causes drink/drugs to be the "relief".

It is a real chicken/egg thing, what comes first.
In this case the cannabis produced the psychosis I believe; but for sure in many cases mental health causes drink/drugs to be the "relief".
Sorry MG don’t want to provoke but it is more forget than “ relief “
Forget the dark moments, the things that seem immense but really are trivial
You live a lot in a parallel world, and think you look and act normal, but “ we” are too scared to ask that person are you OK and can get help

Not goading you MG, but unless people talk about experiences then the “ normal “ people will not understand , very scary for family members to tackle mental health, better understanding is needed for all and thankfully it’s getting more airing in public
#itsokaynottobeokay

Wish it was around years ago rather than “ Man Up” attitude

Sorry to preach to all x

Back