• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I’m not sure tbh, is black magic a religion?

I thought it was to do with sacrificing things & committing wicked acts, in return for fame & fortune? (Or something like that).

Whereas Religion doesn’t require any sacrifice?

I will agree that they’re equally daft though

Not sure. I know Voodoo is based in Catholicism, Satanic black magic is obviously the reverse of Christanity. There are Djinns in Islam, and no doubt a whole load of nasties in other religions.

The Catholic mass transubstation (blood in wine, body into bread) is all about sacrifice.

Not sure. I know Voodoo is based in Catholicism, Satanic black magic is obviously the reverse of Christanity. There are Djinns in Islam, and no doubt a whole load of nasties in other religions.

The Catholic mass transubstation (blood in wine, body into bread) is all about sacrifice.

Yeah... all a bit odd if you ask me.

Absolutely ok if you keep faith to yourself and don't try to force it on others and ultimately follow the relegion as it's supposed to be. There are many people of many different faiths who seem to live in exact diametrically opposite of it's teachings.
Yep I'm absolutely ok with that, it's as it should be, but by the same token them as don't shouldn't belittle them as do.

Yep I'm absolutely ok with that, it's as it should be, but by the same token them as don't shouldn't belittle them as do.

I see no issues with someone living a peaceful/spiritual/respectful life according to what the religious scriptures & texts say, as long as they conform to modern-day decency & legislation.

But sorry mate, and I say this with love... anyone believing in things like voodoo, demonic magic, or David Copperfield - in this day and age - needs a check-up from the neck up.

I see no issues with someone living a peaceful/spiritual/respectful life according to what the religious scriptures & texts say, as long as they conform to modern-day decency & legislation.

But sorry mate, and I say this with love... anyone believing in things like voodoo, demonic magic, or David Copperfield - in this day and age - needs a check-up from the neck up.

So you don't think my doll of Bond riddled with pins had any effect? Just watch it heretic, you may sudden sharp sensations where you least want them.......

So you don't think my doll of Bond riddled with pins had any effect? Just watch it heretic, you may sudden sharp sensations where you least want them.......

As I mentioned earlier this afternoon, I’ve already had an African curse bestowed upon me (although strangely, the person who cursed me, wasn’t even African :ROFL: ) and I’m still walking tall, so do your worst.

Just be aware, that when you come for the king, you best not miss :Winking:

No need to apologise mate. When it comes to the stuff that you were quoting in your last post then I'm with you, pitchforks and bonfire time. Least I would be if mods were allowed an opinion.:Winking:

Aldi craft beer.

Maybe I expect too much but it's not that cheap at £1.19 a can and for another 30p a can you can get something really decent in Morissons.

Last edited:
Aldi craft beer.

Maybe I expect to much but it's not that cheap at £1.19 a can and for another 30p a can you can get something really decent in Morissons.
Aldi and Lidl 'craft' offerings are mostly dog****, probably because they're mostly macro brewed when you look at the back of the can. As you say, Morrsion's do some great craft beer, as do Tesco - just need to stick to the known and respected craft breweries.

Aldi and Lidl 'craft' offerings are mostly dog****, probably because they're mostly macro brewed when you look at the back of the can. As you say, Morrsion's do some great craft beer, as do Tesco - just need to stick to the known and respected craft breweries.

M&S do some great beers as well but they are not cheap.

Then again sometimes more is more.

M&S do some great beers as well but they are not cheap.

Then again sometimes more is more.
They certainly do - I didn't mention M&S or Waitrose as it's a given that you'd get good craft in those stores! I like the Mikkeller beers that M&S do, and my local 'trose has the core Beavertown and Fourpure cans, which is great.

They certainly do - I didn't mention M&S or Waitrose as it's a given that you'd get good craft in those stores! I like the Mikkeller beers that M&S do, and my local 'trose has the core Beavertown and Fourpure cans, which is great.

The Mikkeler beers are fantastic but £2.50 for a 330ml can is at the edge of my comfort zone. I love the names though and the artwork on the cans.

My current go to beer is Oakhams Citra. £6 for four 500ml bottles in Morissons.

Last edited:
The absolute shoddy ****eness of Network Rail. I had a good old rant earlier in a team meeting. We waste money like it's going out of business.

In fairness I work in a pretty niche area and feedback is normally quick.

If I don't hear tomorrow I probably missed out which is a shame because it is a decent contract in Canary Wharf with a day or two working from home.

I have been asked to attend a third interview which is a surprise because I thought yesterdays was the final round.

I suspect this is a meet the boss round so they can check that the candidate isn't a complete **** - so not a formality in any way.

The worst case scenario is that it is another technical interview. In my game I am often sat in front of a computer and asked to write code whilst people stare over my shoulder. This annoys me because it is unnecessarily stressful and in any case I am not required to perform my day to day job in front of a committee.

Back