• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am not a violent or aggressive person but I just wonder why some people are so authoritarian.

I have just checked and there are guidelines in place advising officers to issue a fine only if the cyclist is acting in a way that endangers others. Which I wasn't.

In any case dogs are a much greater menace than cyclists between Leigh and Chalkwell.

This was a scooter that was whizzing through people, not sure if allowed on pavements or roads or perhaps both, but the speed and the size of the woman was not a great sight to behold, mind you most people are on I phones not looking a head, so some blame has to be taken by them

Anyway not a debate on who is right or wrong just a general " What hacked me off ":Cool:

This was a scooter that was whizzing through people, not sure if allowed on pavements or roads or perhaps both, but the speed and the size of the woman was not a great sight to behold, mind you most people are on I phones not looking a head, so some blame has to be taken by them

Anyway not a debate on who is right or wrong just a general " What hacked me off ":Cool:

Electric scooter? Illegal on road or pavement at the moment in this country.

I am not a violent or aggressive person but I just wonder why some people are so authoritarian.

I have just checked and there are guidelines in place advising officers to issue a fine only if the cyclist is acting in a way that endangers others. Which I wasn't.

In any case dogs are a much greater menace than cyclists between Leigh and Chalkwell.

I forgot poor eyesight as a possible reason. :Smile2:

Anyway rules is rules.

Agree about the dogs issue.

Driving back from Yorkshire today, a stress free drive until just past J7 on M11, grinded to a halt then downhill all the way.
Crawling along (eventually ) A127 early afternoon, got me thinking where is everyone going at that time of day?.
All holidaymakers returning like me?. Surely no-one is heading into Town for a leisurely few hrs at that time?. And same thought that people aren't going shopping at that time on a beautiful hot Sept afternoon?.

Erm... A young black rapper called J Hus (No, me neither) has revealed that he has used, or is using, black magic, and when he briefly stopped using it, his life fell apart.

Oddly, this has sparked a massive reaction on Twitter, where people are either disgusted, scared or not bothered.

And it got me thinking... black magic? does anyone over the age of 6, actually believe in this bollocks, and if so, what does it say about the levels of intelligence we have in today’s society?

This isn’t hacking me off by the way, but we didn’t have a What’s making you feel indifferent, but bemused anyway, thread.

Erm... A young black rapper called J Hus (No, me neither) has revealed that he has used, or is using, black magic, and when he briefly stopped using it, his life fell apart.

Oddly, this has sparked a massive reaction on Twitter, where people are either disgusted, scared or not bothered.

And it got me thinking... black magic? does anyone over the age of 6, actually believe in this bollocks, and if so, what does it say about the levels of intelligence we have in today’s society?

This isn’t hacking me off by the way, but we didn’t have a What’s making you feel indifferent, but bemused anyway, thread.

There are plenty that do without a doubt, notably a lot of African immigrants. Is it any worse than believing in any other fairy tale nonsense like God, Jesus, Mohammed or any of the others?

There are plenty that do without a doubt. Is it any worse than believing in any other fairy tale nonsense like God, Jesus, Mohammed or any of the others.

I’m not sure tbh, is black magic a religion?

I thought it was to do with sacrificing things & committing wicked acts, in return for fame & fortune? (Or something like that).

Whereas Religion doesn’t require any sacrifice?

I will agree that they’re equally daft though

Whilst we’re on the subject, I had an African curse placed upon me about 18-months-ago, after a rather nasty falling out, with some **** at work.

Thankfully, it hasn’t taken up much of my time, and If I’m honest, I barely notice it these days.

There are plenty that do without a doubt, notably a lot of African immigrants. Is it any worse than believing in any other fairy tale nonsense like God, Jesus, Mohammed or any of the others?
Sometimes it's ok to believe in something, it's much better than believing in nothing.

A nice little piece of grass on the A127 near Southend Tesco called the Millennium Green Space now has about 8 traveller caravans more or less filling it up. I guess the dog walkers that frequent it will have to wait until the travellers move on.

Some posh bitch in Waitrose picking up the bread, squeezing it and putting it back. For the love of God use the bloody tongs.

Sometimes it's ok to believe in something, it's much better than believing in nothing.

Absolutely ok if you keep faith to yourself and don't try to force it on others and ultimately follow the relegion as it's supposed to be. There are many people of many different faiths who seem to live in exact diametrically opposite of it's teachings.

Back