• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Woke up to a text message from Barclays to say that i have exceeded my overdraft (and don't get paid until Friday).... followed by a phone call from my Estate agent to say my house sale has fallen through, this is the 2nd time its happened to me now....So back to square one.... Grrrr!!

Further more, i needed to get to a notary to witness me signing my daughters foreign passport renewal application form.... and everyone single one of them currently seem to be either "not in the office currently", or "on holiday", or "at a different office 50 miles away".

The last previous times iv'e needed a notary i had always got one on the day, without any fuss.
I promised i will have it all sorted out by the beginning of December, now it looks like its not going to happen, due to working long hours.
So they will now have to re-schedule their embassy appointment in London.
I hate letting people down.

Then to top it all off, i had to be dragged around Lakeside and Bluewater (as if its a fun spectator sport) to do the poxy Christmas shopping!!

Last edited:
...followed by a phone call from my Estate agent to say my house sale has fallen through, this is the 2nd time its happened to me now....So back to square one.... Grrrr!!

Were you given a reason, was it the same as the 1st time?

Is your agent properly validating your "buyer"'s financial position? We won't formally tie up a sale until we've got proof of funding, be that in the form of an Agreement in Principle for the Mortgage and/or bank statements.

The 1st time around, the buyers were very keen on moving in before Christmas.

I thought great. as you do. the sooner the better obviously imo, as im paying on 2 properties, one of which is empty as im living in the other one with my partner.

I was initially told he was buying it for his wife as a wedding gift.... then when we saw the lawyers paperwork, it turned out she was buying it... I thought thats a bit weird.. but hey ho... maybe they was dealing in that way, so he can hold onto a 1st time buyer rate if they intended to purchase another house to buy or a second house to rent out.
Then he dragged his heals about the mortgage rate, which was agreed, and then took forever about finding a better deal.

The 2nd one, was much more efficient and things moved quickly, the lady had a mortgage in principle, but at the last minute her mortgage was rejected as her partner (who is also on the mortgage) does not have a right to remain in the UK, and she cant afford it on her own.

The house me and my partner love and are advanced in the purchased stage need to complete by 31st december for fiscal reasons, now looks like it wont happen and we have invested thousands already on legal fees and searches etc.

Hopefully, their is room for scope on that deadline, but not much. And i think were at this stage of the year, were possible buyers wont be looking at houses now what with expenses around Christmas.

We will highly likely lose the house we had our heart on.

Were you given a reason, was it the same as the 1st time?

Is your agent properly validating your "buyer"'s financial position? We won't formally tie up a sale until we've got proof of funding, be that in the form of an Agreement in Principle for the Mortgage and/or bank statements.

Going back to your initial post. thats what got me wondering... How did the 2nd couple, get through the tests of estate agents and lawyers, get a mortgage on principle, then apply for a mortgage, only to be refused as the reason that the other person who will also be named on the mortgage, has no right to remain in the country?

Surely, this should have been picked up at a much earlier stage?!?!?... in which case both myslelf and the estate agents could have obviously been aware of this, and i would have instructed them to put the property back on the market straight away, rather than wasting a couple of months.

People watching I'm a celebrity on phones/tablets on the train at 6:30 am.

Why not use the time to expand your mind or for self improvement

Going back to your initial post. thats what got me wondering... How did the 2nd couple, get through the tests of estate agents and lawyers, get a mortgage on principle, then apply for a mortgage, only to be refused as the reason that the other person who will also be named on the mortgage, has no right to remain in the country?

Surely, this should have been picked up at a much earlier stage?!?!?... in which case both myslelf and the estate agents could have obviously been aware of this, and i would have instructed them to put the property back on the market straight away, rather than wasting a couple of months.
By any chance, is there an online agent involved anywhere?

People watching I'm a celebrity on phones/tablets on the train at 6:30 am.

Why not use the time to expand your mind or for self improvement

I'm going to Birmingham on a very full train and I've got a podcast on. It's neither mind expanding nor self improving. ?

The screen on my Macbook Pro is showing signs of discolouration around the edges.

I had the screen replaced in July because of exactly the same issue but now warranty on both the machine and the repair have expired.

A replacement screen plus labour will cost over £500 so I am hoping Apple will accept that this is not acceptable and replace for free

Apple have claimed the device is no longer under warranty and said this is now a consumer law issue that should be pursued with the retailer if I believe this to be a manufacturing issue.

The retailer was taken over and changed name last year however they are honouring the two year retailer warranty that the device came with (unknown to me!) and assured me repairs would be free.

They have now claimed the screen is displaying what is known as the Mura effect due to damage caused by pressure and a repair will cost £682.

This is absolute crap - I have been taking laptops to work for 20 years and never experienced anything like this and I am extremely careful with this particular device due to the cost.

I have demanded a free repair or replacement under the consumer rights act so lets see what happens.

In the meantime I am without a laptop.

I have demanded a free repair or replacement under the consumer rights act so lets see what happens.
In the meantime I am without a laptop.

Guess you'll have to have a sly peek at what the person sitting next to you on the train, is watching on their phone/tablet!.

The start of my Social media feeds being rammed full of that Elf on the Shelf ****e! Got nothing against people doing it for the kids but it seems people do it more for likes than fun for their children. Some are doing it and don’t even have children!

The retailer has claimed I cannot claim under consumer law for my laptop screen because it was purchased through my company.

Looks like Apple will be getting a visit next Saturday...

The retailer has claimed I cannot claim under consumer law for my laptop screen because it was purchased through my company.

Looks like Apple will be getting a visit next Saturday...

Suggest you leave the baseball bat at home.....

Back