• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My son bought a Spurs shirt yesterday.
My son is a Spurs fan and has membership .. he’s been to many games of theirs as well as Southend home and away. He supports both teams.

His choice, it could’ve been West Ham which would’ve been far worse. Have you introduced him to the delights of Roots Hall?

My son is a Spurs fan and has membership .. he’s been to many games of theirs as well as Southend home and away. He supports both teams.

His choice, it could’ve been West Ham which would’ve been far worse. Have you introduced him to the delights of Roots Hall?
Back in the 80s if Southend were away and Spurs were at home you would often find me on the old shelf. You very rarely saw a 0-0 and got the pleasure of Villa, Ardiles and Hoddle (I remember his last goal for Spurs v Oxford) and then later Waddle amongst many others. A defeat never hurt in the way it would for a Southend game.

An elderly relative was taken ill yesterday and spent ten hours in an ambulance outside the (local) hospital.

The paramedics said this is because emergency departments are being overwhelmed by people turning up because they are unable to make doctors appointments.

Yep, the walking queue for A&E can sometimes be over an hour. If you can stand for an hour you probably don't need A&E but it's often impossible to see a GP at your own surgery so people do that because they think it's their only option. I hope they were ok?

Yep, the walking queue for A&E can sometimes be over an hour. If you can stand for an hour you probably don't need A&E but it's often impossible to see a GP at your own surgery so people do that because they think it's their only option. I hope they were ok?
I walk my dog past the A&E often and have seen persons get out from the (up to 15) queueing ambulances, go to perimeter for fag!
Litigation and lack of support/fear is partly to blame, on top of stupid.

According to a paramedic I know, the problems are caused by people not being able to see a doctor, so they turn up at A&E, and because of that the hours waiting time at A&E has increased, so more people think that if they can get taken into a hospital by ambulance, they will bypass the A&E waiting queue to see a doctor or nurse. So she said that is why more are calling for an ambulance, and creating an ambulance queue at hospitals. She said the strain on paramedics is unbearable, especially when they have a seriously ill patient in their ambulance, and they are not being seen. She's looking for another job.

Last edited:
Talking of GPs I have Dupuytren's contracture of both hands. I read there is a new treatment so phoned the doctor's. The "care navigator" I spoke to said I could make an online referral which I did. I sent off some photos of my hands with the referral. The next day the GP messaged that a referral had been made to the hand clinic and I will be speaking to them on Thursday. All took just over a week.

According to a paramedic I know, the problems are caused by people not being able to see a doctor, so they turn up at A&E, and because of that the hours waiting time at A&E has increased, so more people think that if they can get taken into a hospital by ambulance, they will bypass the A&E waiting queue to see a doctor or nurse. So she said that is why more are calling for an ambulance, and creating an ambulance queue at hospitals. She said the strain on paramedics is unbearable, especially when they have a seriously ill patient in their ambulance, and they are not being seen. She's looking for another job.
Shouldnt the ambulance only take people to A&E that need to go to A&E? If they're taking people there unnecessarily then they're part of the problem aren't they?

Shouldnt the ambulance only take people to A&E that need to go to A&E? If they're taking people there unnecessarily then they're part of the problem aren't they?
Exactly my point, BUT the very small risk of a medic making a wrong decision, instead of a Doctor, and then the " no win no fee" solicitors ripping the NHS off is there, and the sharp end would get no support from the desk managers.
A charge, £75 ?, for ambulances, as with car crash injured, might help ease a few of the problems with drunk, drug injuries and time wasters using it as a taxi service to gp.

Exactly my point, BUT the very small risk of a medic making a wrong decision, instead of a Doctor, and then the " no win no fee" solicitors ripping the NHS off is there, and the sharp end would get no support from the desk managers.
A charge, £75 ?, for ambulances, as with car crash injured, might help ease a few of the problems with drunk, drug injuries and time wasters using it as a taxi service to gp.
Here in Australia, specifically Western Australia if you call out an ambulance it’ll cost you $1,000. The vast majority of denizens have ambulance insurance which would cost a family about $120 per year. This stops most of the frivolous call outs.

She says a lot of them really know how to exaggerate the pain and discomfort they are in and using sound effects. She said it's hard to tell the genuine from the fakers. If in doubt, they have to be taken to hospital. She also said recreational drug users needing to be treated because of an overdose or bad drugs or an injury whilst high has gone up tenfold since she started.

She says a lot of them really know how to exaggerate the pain and discomfort they are in and using sound effects. She said it's hard to tell the genuine from the fakers. If in doubt, they have to be taken to hospital. She also said recreational drug users needing to be treated because of an overdose or bad drugs or an injury whilst high has gone up tenfold since she started.
Exactly this. Kev has seen several serial callers, they know exactly what to say, what buttons to press to get the response they require, and there are also so many drugs and mental health cases that also have to be attended.

Back