• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This has been bugging me for a long time now. The leagues are finished. There are finals being played and obviously there are winners and losers in all of this. What really gets me down is the cameras zooming in on some little lad, amongst fans whose team has just been relegated or lost in a final, sobbing his little heart out - more than that actually - clearly distraught at what has happened.

And what has happened has to happen. For the game to work there has to be winners and losers. But to look at these kids clearly distressed you'd swear there had been a tragedy in the family or the puppy had just been run over by a bus.

So come on mums and dads. Teach your children some perspective in life before you take them to the game. Make them understand that being a fan is guaranteed to bring with it huge disappointments no matter who you support. You would be deeply concerned at your child getting into that state at school or any other setting, so make sure it doesn’t happen after the match.

As for the broadcasters. I don’t want to see images of clearly distraught children because you think it will bring about a collective “Awww! Poor little lad”. It’s really painful to watch and there is a difference between a cute little sad face and a young child in clear emotional distress.
I mean I agree but my kids have grown up as Southend fans- stoicism is their middle name

I suspect we have been played a little by the vet but grapes are apparently really dangerous for dogs and there is a real risk of kidney damage if not treated and that will cost a lot more in the long run.

I just hope anyone visiting the dog doesn't bring him a bunch of grapes.

I am trying to be as live and let live as I can about Jubilee fever but in my part of Benfleet but you can't move for Union Jack bunting which has quite clearly been put up without a permit.

These are the same people that ordinarily complain to the council over the slightest transgression when it comes to local bye-laws.

I am trying to be as live and let live as I can about Jubilee fever but in my part of Benfleet but you can't move for Union Jack bunting which has quite clearly been put up without a permit.

These are the same people that ordinarily complain to the council over the slightest transgression when it comes to local bye-laws.
Glad I'm missing it by sitting on the shores of lake garda!

Could be worse and be plastic liverpool fans flags.

Back