• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bikes are dangerous but love riding them. However my wife is a nurse and worked at a and e for a stint and since then I've been banned from owning one. It's not fair.
I have been watching the TT and even with the protective gear I wouldn't fancy these riders chances in a stack.

I have been watching the TT and even with the protective gear I wouldn't fancy these riders chances in a stack.
Falling of a bike isnt a problem wearing correct kit, it's the solid objects you melt into which gives you a bad day

Many deaths each year and they spin the same old arguments of whether it should be cancelled. Every rider knows the risks and make the decision to ride.

Many deaths each year and they spin the same old arguments of whether it should be cancelled. Every rider knows the risks and make the decision to ride.
My mate lives there and says it is crazy. Loads of accidents involving visitors.

They will indeed suffer. I worked with a guy years ago who collided with a car and got knocked off his motorbike. It was hot and he was only wearing lightweight (work) trousers. All the flesh was flayed from the lower part of one shin as he skidded across the road. After the amputation the surgeon told him the damage to the bone was repairable, but the loss of tissue was too great.

So wear protective gear on motorbikes. IMO it should be compulsory just like the helmet.
I remember when the law was changed to make helmets compulsory. There were protests against it. Amazing how far we've come.

I'm not a motor cyclist, but when I see someone riding one in a t-shirt and shorts I just want to scream at them.

The new Mayo & Kermode podcast. Two films reviewed, two TV programmes, annoying as hell adverts and an "add on" that you have to pay for. Not a fan.

Last edited:
The new Mayo & Kermode podcast. Two films reviewed, two TV programmes, annoying as hell adverts and an "add on" that you have to pay for. Not a fan.
I am now listening to the podcast.

For a great fun night Mark Kermode appears at The British Film Institute each month.

I have been unable to park on my driveway since 25th May because the water board dug up the pavement to fix a leak.

They haven't found the leak yet but there is a nice hole filled with brown water outside my house.

Critics can often be ponces when they have little direct experience of what they are talking about.
Food critics who have only their own consumption record as experience in food/catering are not good.
Film critics, music critics, art, or theatre critics who have never acted, sung, played or written etc themselves are just that, ponces in the main, living off other's graft and craft.

Critics can often be ponces when they have little direct experience of what they are talking about.
Food critics who have only their own consumption record as experience in food/catering are not good.
Film critics, music critics, art, or theatre critics who have never acted, sung, played or written etc themselves are just that, ponces in the main, living off other's graft and craft.

What a load of bollocks. I can recognise good woodwork even if I’m not a carpenter.

Back