• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I got off a train this evening and as I was leaving the platform two black lads aged around 18 and wearing tracksuits reached the top of the stairs just as the train was leaving the station.

They dropped the F bomb as I walked past them thinking nothing of it. I have said a lot worse after missing trains.

As I left the station a woman in front of me who had departed my carriage approached the lady on the ticket barrier and said she wanted to report two boys acting suspiciously on the platform.

I didn't realise until I was in my car that she was referring to the same two lads who were acting no more suspiciously than anyone else at the station.

Can't find my glasses :(

I'm currently wearing an old pair with one lens hanging out so typing this with one eye closed :(

Treated my 2 kids to a happy meal st festival leisure basildon and realised that different McDonald's charge different prices. Always knew motorway service stations might add a premium but one at Festival Leisure?

Would have been better off buying just 2 cheeseburgers and 2 small chips

Treated my 2 kids to a happy meal st festival leisure basildon and realised that different McDonald's charge different prices. Always knew motorway service stations might add a premium but one at Festival Leisure?

Would have been better off buying just 2 cheeseburgers and 2 small chips
Franchises have some say on the price they charge, since they're just flying the Maccies flag but actually usually owned by locals who've bought the rights.

I do believe Festival Leisure McDonalds is one of those franchises.

Earworm alert! Having watched something on the news for the TV series Neighbours I've now got the theme music stuck firmly in as an earworm. Ugh!

The utter laziness and tight-fistedness of the previous owners of my new house.

Much of the house, especially the kitchen, seems to have not been cleaned properly for years. Thick layer upon thicker layer of grease and grime all over the countertops, cupboards, in the nooks and crannies of the windows. Vile.

Idiot ****ed the electrics too. Overloaded the super old fuse box to the point where parts of it had overheated and melted. He was lucky the house didn't go up in flames. Spurred new sockets and extension leads off of pre-existing sockets and poked the extension leads through walls, fitted wardrobes, etc. A third of the plug sockets upstairs aren't even getting any power and he's spurred off so many different things over the years that our electrician family member is struggling to find where certain wires are going.

Cheapskate botch job *******.

Motorcycles, or more exact, those which have rider and/or pillion in shorts etc. Seeing them snake thru traffic with multiple near misses is horrific. If, IF they come off they will be in serious pain. And they too often don't seem to be the best of riders.

Motorcycles, or more exact, those which have rider and/or pillion in shorts etc. Seeing them snake thru traffic with multiple near misses is horrific. If, IF they come off they will be in serious pain. And they too often don't seem to be the best of riders.
They will indeed suffer. I worked with a guy years ago who collided with a car and got knocked off his motorbike. It was hot and he was only wearing lightweight (work) trousers. All the flesh was flayed from the lower part of one shin as he skidded across the road. After the amputation the surgeon told him the damage to the bone was repairable, but the loss of tissue was too great.

So wear protective gear on motorbikes. IMO it should be compulsory just like the helmet.

Bikes are dangerous but love riding them. However my wife is a nurse and worked at a and e for a stint and since then I've been banned from owning one. It's not fair.

Not really, I only just started using it yesterday.

I've actually never said they were high, not sure where you got that from, they're the same as everyone else's.....
No you didn’t say it. Just seemed that way looking at figures on cost of living thread. Enjoy the hot tub, I love them but they do use serious amounts of electricity keeping the water warm.

Back