• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Water meters are pretty good. We are charged at just less than the yearly amount for being on a unlimited / unmetered water usage rate even though we are a family of 4. I don't water the garden or wash my car as much I probably would if I wasn't on a water meter so it does help you in those ways. And the paddling pool only gets filled up in periods where its going to be used for a good week or so. Not like my neighbour who fills theirs up on the Saturday then empties it on the sunday (flooding my garden as our garden is lower)

Just a thing on water meters, whilst you can try one out and if your not convinced they will switch you back to a flat rate, they do not remove the meter. So when you come to sell the house the new occupants will have to have a water meter.

And there is currently a roll out for smart water meters that sent out information every hour to monitor usage and help spot possible leaks.

I think once a property is sold new owners have to have a water meter anyway - even if there isn't one there already.

Easyjet.

A complete disregard for people's lives.

Kev had a flight coming in from Dalaman last night. Now, Easyjet's inbound flights are consistently delayed for a few hours in the majority of cases and have been for some time now. I think it was due in about 1.00 am - which seems to be quite typical for flights from Turkey with most airlines. He had another flight going to Gatwick at 6.30 this morning, but 5 and a half hours between jobs is nothing unusual, and he sleeps during the day to make up lost hours.

As always, he was checking the flight yesterday evening. It went from delayed for 3 hours, to delayed for 6 hours - which was obviously going to be a problem - then back to 3 hours. Then back to 6 hours again. He'd normally have gone to bed about 9 and got a few hours sleep before going but couldn't while this was going on. He eventually came to bed at half past 12.

The flight had been cancelled, just like that. No consideration for all those families at the airport. No consideration for the lives they had to get back to. No consideration for their parking arrangements (anyone who parked would almost undoubtedly get a charge for going over their time). No consideration for any onward hotel bookings which might have been booked to allow them rest before continuing home and no consideration for people picking up passengers (not just taxis obviously).

They must have known earlier in the evening that the flight home was going to be cancelled - presumably due to a lack of flying hours for the crew. It's just not good enough.

There's a Hey Duggee live show on tour (coming to the Cliffs, get your tickets) and seeing as Mk Jnr will be 11 (nearly 12) by the time it's on, sadly I don't think she'll be impressed if I buy tickets.

Update to the taxi story - Kev's picking those people up right now. Easyjet very kindly gave them a 4 am flight out of Dalaman this morning! Poor sods!
Rather reminds me of a postponed EJ flight from Barna (some years ago now around Xmas) which eventually took off about 4 am IIRC.Don't remember too much about it as I was in bed by that time, having refused EJ's offer to wait for the flight.

Easyjet.

A complete disregard for people's lives.

Kev had a flight coming in from Dalaman last night. Now, Easyjet's inbound flights are consistently delayed for a few hours in the majority of cases and have been for some time now. I think it was due in about 1.00 am - which seems to be quite typical for flights from Turkey with most airlines. He had another flight going to Gatwick at 6.30 this morning, but 5 and a half hours between jobs is nothing unusual, and he sleeps during the day to make up lost hours.

As always, he was checking the flight yesterday evening. It went from delayed for 3 hours, to delayed for 6 hours - which was obviously going to be a problem - then back to 3 hours. Then back to 6 hours again. He'd normally have gone to bed about 9 and got a few hours sleep before going but couldn't while this was going on. He eventually came to bed at half past 12.

The flight had been cancelled, just like that. No consideration for all those families at the airport. No consideration for the lives they had to get back to. No consideration for their parking arrangements (anyone who parked would almost undoubtedly get a charge for going over their time). No consideration for any onward hotel bookings which might have been booked to allow them rest before continuing home and no consideration for people picking up passengers (not just taxis obviously).

They must have known earlier in the evening that the flight home was going to be cancelled - presumably due to a lack of flying hours for the crew. It's just not good enough.

My next door neighbours flew with easyjet to Spain for a week flying from Southend, it was cancelled/delayed for 3 days. They're still stuck out there and having to book other hotels eg... The air industry is in a mess right now.

My next door neighbours flew with easyjet to Spain for a week flying from Southend, it was cancelled/delayed for 3 days. They're still stuck out there and having to book other hotels eg... The air industry is in a mess right now.
Indeed this is why:-https://tribunemag.co.uk/2022/06/airport-chaos-is-caused-by-corporate-greed

I can recommend Hays/Jet2, weve used them for a few years. A bit cncerned this year as we were due out early June but had little delay at both Stansted or Dalaman.

I can recommend Hays/Jet2, weve used them for a few years. A bit cncerned this year as we were due out early June but had little delay at both Stansted or Dalaman.

Yes, Jet2 are definitely one of the better ones. Easyjet were appalling, that family told absolute horror stories - the plane captain had to come out and tell them their flight was cancelled, there were no Easyjet ground crew at the airport, just Turkish staff who didn't know what was going on. The captain told the passengers there were coaches outside which would take them back to their hotels and that they would then have to book their own flights home - so I got that bit wrong earlier! And BA prices were £5k for two people! Absolute scandalous behaviour - I should imagine there's going to be a fair few court cases arising over Easyjet's incompetence this summer.

I wanted to do the jab this year but couldn't find anywhere that would do it. Apparently it weakens your immune system so nobody would do it while covid is still around.
Didn't know that but know there's a place in Wickford that do it for £110
Worth every penny in my book and never had covid so risk it for a biscuit.

And BA prices were £5k for two people! Absolute scandalous behaviour - I should imagine there's going to be a fair few court cases arising over Easyjet's incompetence this summer.
You would hope so. But to do that takes time & money up front with Solicitors costs, which would a court award those back to passengers?. Even if they got compensated for their flight cancellations?.
No consolation to all those affected, but spoke to my son who lives in NY earlier. He said same thing happening over there, with 100's of internal flights cancelled, due to same reasons. The world's in a total mess?.

People should remember that the travel and aviation sectors were pretty much shafted over the last couple of years and received a distinct lack of support through the pandemic. On top of that, many staff who were laid off or furloughed left to join more secure/better paid industries. The world restarts and everyone expects things to be back to “normal” overnight. I do know people who’ve had trouble free trips abroad .. just for balance.

Not to say the EasyJet case described by OBL is acceptable.

People should remember that the travel and aviation sectors were pretty much shafted over the last couple of years and received a distinct lack of support through the pandemic. On top of that, many staff who were laid off or furloughed left to join more secure/better paid industries. The world restarts and everyone expects things to be back to “normal” overnight. I do know people who’ve had trouble free trips abroad .. just for balance.

Not to say the EasyJet case described by OBL is acceptable.

Absolutely, but they don't seem to have done much to rectify matters. We had a totally trouble free holiday to Cyprus in April, with Tui, but even back then the signs were there that there would be trouble once things got busier. If it's a case that they need tob e offering better money to luggage handlers (the case I mentioned was down to air crew though) then that's what they're going to need to do.

My easyjet experience in June - small delay out (the "waste and water" wagon to blame) but on time returning. Maybe I was just lucky.

Forgetfulness. Parked up this morning on Chalkwell Esplanade and we walked a fair way back towards Chalkwell station via the seawall. Came back along the parallel road to find our car missing. Stood for ages stunned. Then decided to walk up further up the road to find that someone had moved it further up! Age is a wonderful thing.

Forgetfulness. Parked up this morning on Chalkwell Esplanade and we walked a fair way back towards Chalkwell station via the seawall. Came back along the parallel road to find our car missing. Stood for ages stunned. Then decided to walk up further up the road to find that someone had moved it further up! Age is a wonderful thing.
Funny that. The same thing happens to me at Pitsea market. If I catch the bugger hes in for a good telling off!

Back