• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have boycotted BBC news since their reporting of the Seattle riots and the criticism of the mayor by the police chief which eventually led to the police chief (Black and female BTW but I guess the wrong sort of Black and female) being removed which was so biased it amounted to lies. I don't like being lied to.

I stopped watching the BBC 4 years ago. I declared that I don't watch it and haven't paid a TV licence since. I can't stand the BBC.

I stopped watching the BBC 4 years ago. I declared that I don't watch it and haven't paid a TV licence since. I can't stand the BBC.
You must miss out on so much. Wimbledon, England men and women playing when on the BBC, any live tv regardless if its on the BBC. How you going to watch England on the upcoming World Cup?

You need a TV licence if you watch other channels live, not just the BBC.

You must miss out on so much. Wimbledon, England men and women playing when on the BBC, any live tv regardless if its on the BBC. How you going to watch England on the upcoming World Cup?

You need a TV licence if you watch other channels live, not just the BBC.

I don't watch any live TV

The utter imbeciles who smashed a urinal, tore off a toilet seat and yanked a cistern off the wall in the East Greens toilets yesterday causing all that damage and a leak which flooded through to the gents in the Shrimpers Bar yesterday evening - honestly the water was pouring through in two places.

Made it really difficult for people to use the gents during our Quiz Night last night, and will have left the Club with yet another bill for emergency work, which they can ill afford. Why do we have such a moronic element amongst our support that just don't get that their behaviour costs the Club?

The sheer amount of cars with no lights on in this morning's pea soup.

The sheer amount of cars with no lights on in this morning's pea soup.
And motorcycles too, witnessed close "miss" this morning of car pulling out in front of m/c with rider in black and no lights on.
Pedal cycles are similar but they and scooters seem to be 99% FOOTpath abusers.

I'm talking no lights at all.....just common sense surely.
Maybe, but rule 226 in the Highway Code (which is in the section called "Driving in adverse weather conditions) states:

"You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves (see rule 236)."

Maybe, but rule 226 in the Highway Code (which is in the section called "Driving in adverse weather conditions) states:

"You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves (see rule 236)."
I'll get me coat 😴

The weird obsession with mixed-race couples in this year's Christmas adverts and advertising in general. You'd think from watching TV that half the population is in one.
Just Christmas adverts in general. Another good reason to download most things and avoid all that rubbish.

The weird obsession with mixed-race couples in this year's Christmas adverts and advertising in general. You'd think from watching TV that half the population is in one.
Maybe it's a nice thing that groups who've been massively underrepresented in the past are finally getting a chance to see themselves reflected on TV. There are lots of mixed-race families at my kids' school for example, maybe it's good for them to see that it's pretty normal, rather than weirdos like you pointing at them and calling them strange. Get out from under your rock.

Back