• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

How very apt, there is a Data Shredder lorry parked outside the Institute of Mathematics in Nelson Road, Southend. :Look::Winking2:

Untitled.jpg

Bought my first flat at 25.100% mortgage.

I bought my first flat in the 1990s for £60,000. I sold it 3 years later for £120,000. It was in Muswell Hill. I bet it's worth about half a million now...maybe more.

My rate was around 5%.

I bought my first flat in the 1990s for £60,000. I sold it 3 years later for £120,000. It was in Muswell Hill. I bet it's worth about half a million now...maybe more.

My rate was around 5%.

Yeah, Stoke Newington in 96 for £40K. Mortgage of roughly £250 a month. Sold it in 2000 for £100K. Now apparently "worth" £375K.

Nuts.

Yeah, Stoke Newington in 96 for £40K. Mortgage of roughly £250 a month. Sold it in 2000 for £100K. Now apparently "worth" £375K.

Nuts.

Completely nuts.

I've just done a small amount of research: flats in the block are going for around £400,000 at the moment. I'm amazed, it might have been Muswell Hill (which is sort after) but the block is a ****hole.

Completely nuts.

I've just done a small amount of research: flats in the block are going for around £400,000 at the moment. I'm amazed, it might have been Muswell Hill (which is sort after) but the block is a ****hole.

The flat I lived in, inside was ok. Needed work but nothing special. The actual fabric of the block was falling apart however and there was a plan for rolling repairs that are probably going on until this day. Not to mention it borders Dalston and there are some VERY rough neighbourhoods about, and that was 20 years ago.

Tried a sausage egg and cheese bagel from McDonald's.

Possibly the unhealthiest thing on the menu but it hit the spot.

Police pulling all allegal/dodgy looking vehicles on Victoria avenue.

I saw some bloke scraping black film off his rear lights with a coin.

Back