• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Genuinely happy for the guy who gets off my train at Limehouse every morning, runs for the DLR to Woolwich, and misses it whilst repeatedly screaming 'for ****s sake' because he actually managed to board it today.

Hope he gets the train and seat home ok,before the knuckle window tapping one stophoppers pile in at West Ham and stampede over all in the vain of the one seat left

Is this the right thread or should it go in "tv" or "unhappy"?
Wheeler Dealers last night, M prefix V12 E type, bought for£13 k, sorted, sold for£18500.
Obviously lots of Ed China top work etc, super car in every way.
But.....
Cheapest, nearest E type for sale is £50 k on websites?
How true can all this be, and how can I buy a WD sorted moter like that!
What a beautiful car it is/was.

Not saying you were aware at the time but wasn't that just a money laundering scam for Opus Dei?

No idea but I always told EI that they'd go bust.They did eventually-scandenfreude-but some time after I originally forecast. What I did find out was that a prophet in his own land is never welcome. :Smile2:

EI was certainly a cash cow for the business school for a very long time,What I also found out was there's nothing quite like working for a non-profit organisation when they start to be unprofitable for the first time.

Last edited:
Wheeler Dealers last night, M prefix V12 E type, bought for£13 k, sorted, sold for£18500.
But.....

Hmm, well a restoration (basic shell with plenty of rust) would set you back c. £30k. If their finished car was that good why didn't they try flogging it for a lot more than £18.5k?

No idea but I always told EI that they'd go bust.They did eventually-scandenfreude-but some time after I originally forecast. What I did find out was that a prophet in his own land is never welcome. :Smile2:

EI was certainly a cash cow for the business school for a very long time,What I also found out was there's nothing quite like working for a non-profit organisation when they start to be unprofitable for the first time.

But they were ultimately linked/owned by Opus Dei?

Last edited:
But they were ultimately inked/owned by Opus Dei?

The main business school was certainly run (though I don't know about owned) by Jesuits, as it still is. I believe.

Don't think this stuff is of too much interest to many on here-though I'm quite happy to answer questions about it-Suggest you pm me if you want to continue this conversation.

But.....
isnt that episode from April 2011? As a real generalisation, sort after classic car values have gone thru the roof in the last 10 years.

isnt that episode from April 2011? As a real generalisation, sort after classic car values have gone thru the roof in the last 10 years.
I don't know if it was that old an episode but certainly it must be a few series back as Ed has been replaced by Ant and now Elvis.
What an investment return though on that Jag!

Enjoyed watching Fulham's home win against Swansea yesterday.Great 93rd minute winner from Mitro (after he'd missed an 89th min pen.).TBF the game wasn't much cop though great value for a fiver on Fulham FCTV.

Off to see Espanyol v Wolves tonight.

Enjoyed watching Fulham's home win against Swansea yesterday.Great 93rd minute winner from Mitro (after he'd missed an 89th min pen.).TBF the game wasn't much cop though great value for a fiver on Fulham FCTV.

Off to see Espanyol v Wolves tonight.
Not a bad result for Espanyol. Ultimately in vain .. but a win, at least.

Back