• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Day off today after ridiculously busy period at work, finished off by a nice meal at The Hawk last night with all the ladies that used to work with me in our office and have now been moved over to Hockley :Sad:

Just spent a few days at Crosby Liverpool. Went to the see the Ironman ‘another place” on the beach..
Very impressive. Have never been to Liverpool before, really liked it. Everyone friendly, very little traffic. I even got my wife to do a 20 mile bike ride, mainly along the promenade but also inland into formby. She would never do that here because of the traffic. Stayed at a wonderful B&B overlooking the beach. (They lent us bikes), Gormley stayed in our room recently when they dug up the men and put in new bases-6.5 tonnes!
Highly recommend, can pass on B&B details if anyone interested

Just spent a few days at Crosby Liverpool. Went to the see the Ironman ‘another place” on the beach..
Very impressive. Have never been to Liverpool before, really liked it. Everyone friendly, very little traffic. I even got my wife to do a 20 mile bike ride, mainly along the promenade but also inland into formby. She would never do that here because of the traffic. Stayed at a wonderful B&B overlooking the beach. (They lent us bikes), Gormley stayed in our room recently when they dug up the men and put in new bases-6.5 tonnes!
Highly recommend, can pass on B&B details if anyone interested
It is definitely a city like no other! I worked in Scouse on and off for three years and always found the population cheerful and funny beyond belief but they can be scallys! One year we held our national IT conference at the Britannia Hotel and had 10 laptops nicked with a few hours of arriving. Another regular was the fire bell going off in the hotel in the middle of the night and some rooms were cleared out of valuables. That happened to me 3 times on various visits. Nevertheless I always loved going there.

When I have a “busy day” I finish at 10 pm or even midnight ☹

I remember back in the day when you and I worked in the same place there were times I didn't get out until around 2.00am, and that was on a Friday...what a way to set up the weekend.

It is definitely a city like no other! I worked in Scouse on and off for three years and always found the population cheerful and funny beyond belief but they can be scallys! One year we held our national IT conference at the Britannia Hotel and had 10 laptops nicked with a few hours of arriving. Another regular was the fire bell going off in the hotel in the middle of the night and some rooms were cleared out of valuables. That happened to me 3 times on various visits. Nevertheless I always loved going there.
Liverpool is one of my favourite cities. In fact, my mums side of the family is from across the river in the Wirral (gutted we couldn’t do Tranmere away last season). I also have family in the centre of the city.
Love the Albert Dock and down by the Liver Building and was there very recently .. a walk and a coffee along the Mersey is a great way to start the day. Can’t say I’ve ever had an experience like you describe!!

Had to go to ASDA Shoebury. I went down Bournemouth Park Road, and thanks to the new superb lay out, could turn right. Excellent. Before, it took you out of your way to the Sutton Road roundabout, and sometimes into a traffic jam. Then I'm in ASDA, and they have replaced those old annoying, not working properly self check out machines, with brand new ones. Also, made the gap larger between the two rows of machines. Brilliant.

Had to go to ASDA Shoebury. I went down Bournemouth Park Road, and thanks to the new superb lay out, could turn right. Excellent. Before, it took you out of your way to the Sutton Road roundabout, and sometimes into a traffic jam. Then I'm in ASDA, and they have replaced those old annoying, not working properly self check out machines, with brand new ones. Also, made the gap larger between the two rows of machines. Brilliant.

B5E10EAB-83CD-4767-ACFD-683425A8D26B.jpeg

£30 win on Thunderball; 2 slices of cake and 2 coffees @ Greedy
Chef (I think it's called) in Pound Lane for a fiver! (The jam and coconut cake was great!).

Back