• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

I am happy to be in a relatively secure role at a big bank. I still think we are in for a lot of job losses over the next few months.

You could be right. I would assume that the combination of a big bank and a niche skillset should mean a relatively good rate even inside IR35.

My kids. Both of them are in their cots / beds and are so far (fingers crossed) quite which is allowing me to watch the first match if the Euros that I will have managed to watch live. Come on Southend England, bring it home.

Provisionally booked a Westcliff hotel for a few nights to co-incide with our home game against Chesterfield In October.Can't see us coming over though unless HMG's ridiculous policy regarding quarantine and pcr tests has changed for the better by then.Wouldn't mind but we both have EU covid passports (to show we've been fully vaccinated which are vaild for entry in all 27 EU countries).

Thoughts?

Provisionally booked a Westcliff hotel for a few nights to co-incide with our home game against Chesterfield In October.Can't see us coming over though unless HMG's ridiculous policy regarding quarantine and pcr tests has changed for the better by then.Wouldn't mind but we both have EU covid passports (to show we've been fully vaccinated which are vaild for entry in all 27 EU countries).

Thoughts?
Inviting political comment?!

I think you will be fine by then.

Just realised that Notts County away is my mates birthday weekend so have suggested Nottingham as a beer destination.. he’s not a Southend fan but he was up for it so .. boys on tour!! ?..
Great fun LS,over the years we have done weekends at places like Huddersfield,York ,Yeovil,Cardiff,Torquay,Sunderland,Shrewsbury,Northampton and Tranmere, with York and Torquay being the major players,go for it mate it brings great memories and let us all know how it went.UTB

Thoughts?
You wrote that drunk?

Provisionally booked a Westcliff hotel for a few nights to co-incide with our home game against Chesterfield In October.
Excellent, mèet at The Tap or Mile 1/3 for a pint. Bring your coz Dick? Will Rob be travelling up too?
Can't see us coming over though unless HMG's ridiculous policy regarding quarantine and pcr tests has changed for the better by then.
I hope it does change for the better and also follows medical guidelines, safety and most importantly infection rates are much lower. Will you have had a booster jab?

Wouldn't mind but we both have EU covid passports (to show we've been fully vaccinated which are vaild for entry in all 27 EU countries).
A bit politics EU policies have, in many ways, been sadly lacking and poorer than our own UK Guv's. Something which is hard to do?
Thoughts?

Best wishes, hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Excellent, mèet at The Tap or Mile 1/3 for a pint. Bring your coz Dick? Will Rob be travelling up too?
Too soon to say.Will let you know about meeting up a bit nearer the time.
I hope it does change for the better and also follows medical guidelines, safety and most importantly infection rates are much lower. Will you have had a booster jab?

If necessary yes.They're alrady availble to book in France.
A bit politics EU policies have, in many ways, been sadly lacking and poorer than our own UK Guv's. Something which is hard to do?

Best wishes, hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Good advice.

The widespread condemnation of all the racist abuse dished out to our young players and all the messages of support placed on the Rashford mural that got damaged in Manchester. Not everyone in an England shirt is a ****.
Well said. Let's all hope it carries forward into Southend's forthcoming season and we collectively stamp it out at Roots Hall as well.

Back