• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Walked my daughter to school in the snow, then had the idea of getting my old sledge from my parents. Have just taken my son for a trip around our streets on it.

Probably the best made bit of plastic ever. 34 ish years and still going strong. I guess that's what you get when its made in the UK rather than china or taiwan.

Will surprise my daughter with it for a trip home after school. Best thing is we go down quite a decent hill on the way home. Just have to avoid the cars on the way down

Walked my daughter to school in the snow, then had the idea of getting my old sledge from my parents. Have just taken my son for a trip around our streets on it.

Probably the best made bit of plastic ever. 34 ish years and still going strong. I guess that's what you get when its made in the UK rather than china or taiwan.

Will surprise my daughter with it for a trip home after school. Best thing is we go down quite a decent hill on the way home. Just have to avoid the cars on the way down

Where do you live, no snow in Southend or Westcliff?

First sighting this year of a flock of about 40-50 redwing birds that've arrived from Scandinavia (or Iceland) perched in the tree in the garden - just beautiful.

Where do you live, no snow in Southend or Westcliff?
Stanford-le-Hope, Decent amount in the garden with it starting to snow about 6ish yesterday and continuing until around midnight

The standard of snowmen has certainly been upped in my area. Quite a few decent ones around around 5ft in height. Onions for eyes (coal must be in short supply) and a very imaginative use of plums on one snowman.

Guess we must have been lucky (or unlucky depending on your view of snow)

First sighting this year of a flock of about 40-50 redwing birds that've arrived from Scandinavia (or Iceland) perched in the tree in the garden - just beautiful.
They cleaned our holly tree last week !

My son. He asked me the definition of under dog so I explained. To ensure he understood I asked him who he thougt was the under dog in the France vs Morocco match. He said it would be Morocco, so I asked him why he thought that. His answer was, "because France are world champions and will have the ref on their side!"

Tyson Fury staying at The Roslin this week.
16266685.jpg

Filled-up earlier at BP Toomey at 144.9p (E10)
That's impressive (in this day and age)!! I saw Sainsburys went below 150 for one day but back up to 152 today. Annoying that the Toomey is a bit too far out of the way for me. Even more annoying that the BP near me is always the most expensive place to get petrol.

That's impressive (in this day and age)!! I saw Sainsburys went below 150 for one day but back up to 152 today. Annoying that the Toomey is a bit too far out of the way for me. Even more annoying that the BP near me is always the most expensive place to get petrol.
I paid 139.9/l last week. The same place is now 137.9/l.

Where's that then, Qatar?
Bit closer to home than that!

It's the Costco in Watford, which isn't far from where I live. Membership is about £25 a year (and includes a 2nd card for a spouse) so even if you only use your membership to fill up it will take you about 5-6 goes to save money.

Problem is it seems Thurrock is the closest to Southend, which means it's probably not worth it.

Reactions: RHB
Bit closer to home than that!

It's the Costco in Watford, which isn't far from where I live. Membership is about £25 a year (and includes a 2nd card for a spouse) so even if you only use your membership to fill up it will take you about 5-6 goes to save money.

Problem is it seems Thurrock is the closest to Southend, which means it's probably not worth it.
I make you right. I'm only 5 minutes drive from Toomeys so I'll stick with them.

I trust you realise that is a photo of Tyson Fury photoshopped onto a photo of the Roslin.

He isn't the first celebrity to stay there this year and then post on social media about it. I imagine they get a fat discount in exchange for social media posts.
I know its photoshopped. It was from the Evening Echo. Lol, I don't think he needs a discount. He's got over £50Million. I don't think he would embarrass himself with a discount. Anyway, the word on the street is that he's an extremely generous tipper. The staff and Jacqui did well.

Back