• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Youngest grand daughter got a present called I think a Crystal flyer. Basically it's a fairy that spins and hovers and you control with your hand. The spinning produces an airflow which you use to control her without touching her. Well she left it round our house and old granddad is having a whale of a time
You'll sleep well tonight 😁

Start of 2022 I made the decision to give up eating meat. And it has been the best decision I have made. I thought it would be hard being a vegetarian. I actually vary my meals more now and especially when eating out I always used to eat the same meat meals. Now I have different options and enjoy trying new foods.

I did it for a moral stand point as an animal lover rather than health benefits.

I won’t eat meat again and it doesn’t bother me at all.

Well done Scarborough for cancelling their new year fireworks as they didn't want to cause distress or harm to Thor, the visiting walrus.
Thor has now moved on, believed to be heading north for spring.
There is a lovely little video of him moving off the stone jetty and away.

I'm upstairs working whilst my son is downstairs practicing his drumming. He's seriously good, and I love listening to him play.

Living opend here on Wed.Will catch it next week.Been waiting for it to arrive for some time now:In fact our younger daughter (who was here untl NYE) was suprised to hear that I hadn't seen it already as its been on in Paris for some time now, apparently.Knew it wouldnt open here before Xmas.Not a feel good film from what I understand. :Smile:

A much better Southend High Street today, dog friendly ( and welcoming) in HSBC, Staples, Saltrock, Milletts, Waterstones and an excellent cappuccino in Ironworks community cafe.

No idea why Bodyshop and WH Smith's have no dog policy?

A much better Southend High Street today, dog friendly ( and welcoming) in HSBC, Staples, Saltrock, Milletts, Waterstones and an excellent cappuccino in Ironworks community cafe.

No idea why Bodyshop and WH Smith's have no dog policy?
Not sure about Bodyshop but dogs spend too much time reading the magazines without buying them in WH Smiths

Had a chat yesterday with someone involved in the renovation of the Grand. They are ploughing on but it's slow progress. They have had to rebuild the entire building from the inside. The façade of course remains. Another year maybe til it is finished. BUT the restaurant and spa are for sale or rent. Nothing signed but 2 of the interested parties are Champneys for the spa and the Giggling Squid for the restaurant. They are a chain of Thai restaurants that want to get away from thinking you're in a temple. I quite like the old style Thai but there you go. Meanwhile there are 3 shop units under the other development called St Clement's Gate on the old Overton site and either M&S (yes please) or Tesco are interested.

Back