• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Sir Lenny Henry will be standing down after the next Red Nose event. Good for him, he needs a rest.

This lovely sunny unseasonably warm Friday morning in Hockley is making me very happy today.

What is making me even happier is that my new apartment has a South facing 1st floor balcony that I can relax on.🌞👍

Bring on the Spring. 🌸 🐝 🏖 🍺

Last edited:
Liverpool getting beat. I can't stand their manager, their supporters, their ex-player pundits or the match officials bias towards them.
Yes, l know they got a couple of bad decisions against them v Spurs earlier in the season but the fuss they were able to generate about it in the media means no official will dare give anything borderline against them for the rest of the season.
I'm not totally anti-Liverpool though. I've always loved The Beatles😁

Saw Espanyol win 2-1 against Levante last night Couresy of a brace by Martin Braithwaite.He left the winner late ,it came in the 99 th minute! In M.B. Espanyol have what Southend lack ie a natural goalscorer (unless that is Cards. is match fit for our next home game against York on Sat).

Last edited:
Apparently Altrincham have just called off their match against Dorking.

If I were Dorking I'd be dismayed.

Just had a Teams call from the other contractor working on the project with me. He told me that the guy we both report to has just asked him to help use ChatGPT to write the job descriptions for our permanent replacements!

I don't know why, but I found that really funny!

What is your average bill?. I won't do a D.D with them, so send them a meter reading every month & then pay online.
My average monthly bill is around £40.
Is that for gas and electricity? If it is I'm nowhere near that. An average monthly bill due for the winter period is around £180.

Is that for gas and electricity? If it is I'm nowhere near that. An average monthly bill due for the winter period is around £180.
No, just electricity, i pay my gas bills quarterly when they send them by post!. They are about £920 yearly, £1400 total for both.

Last edited:
Back