• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What is the current injury situation?

I’m going to steer away from continuously quoting the previous post....I think we are both (all) making some valid points and probably agree with a lot of what each other are saying in many ways....

One answer to your question, no I don’t actually think Man U can or will be Champions League....however with PSG and Real Madrid out and either Liverpool or Bayern to follow, they are in the hat.... what I would say is they’ll need to avoid the likes of City / Juve / Barca until the semi at the earliest and will also need all their big players available for and in form to pull it off....

And don’t get me started on today’s society and the inability to take criticism without being offended ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️ ?

Last edited:
I agree with the points being made on what is being said to the media. I would love it if Chris was publicly ( we don’t know what he says to the players) bigging them up, and saying they were playing on merit and he had full faith in them- and saying like he meant it. He can find positives, the opposition won’t know how they play, big up their goal scoring records inthe U23’s what ever.
Maybe he does this privately but not publicly as he thinks this would add extra pressure on them- I don’t know

There is a documentary on Brian clough where forest play Hamburg in the European cup final. Hamburg have Keegan, European footballer of the year. Cloghie tells one of the youngsters “ Kevin keegan is going to do nothing today, do you know why” “ no Mr clough” , “ because you are going to play him off the park son, because you are marking him, and he is not going to get past you”.
The rest is history, the young lad did his job , keegan was stopped and forest won ( another pro was seperatly told to go in hard on keegan at the earliest opportunity, but that’s not the point ?- the forest player said after the game that clough”s words made a BIG difference.

@CJPhillips1982

Powell: "I envisage Mark Oxley being back in training on Thursday."

Can’t see him getting back in the starting 11 this season.

I hope you are right as that will have meant that we'd have beaten Scunthorpe and Wimbledon and pulled clear of the relegation battle and have the luxury of playing our long term keeper rather than the better keeper as of now.

Can’t see him getting back in the starting 11 this season.
Can’t see Powell leaving his excellent,EXPERIENCED keeper out once he’s fully fit.Some of his tactics are highly questionable but he’s not stupid.

Can’t see Powell leaving his excellent,EXPERIENCED keeper out once he’s fully fit.Some of his tactics are highly questionable but he’s not stupid.

Just don’t think Bishop has done a great deal wrong and deserves to stay as no.1.

What Ricey says...

For arguments sake, lets say Oxley is our number one keeper, surely it's still best to keep Oxley on the bench for the next two matches against Scunny & Wimbledon in order to aid his recovery time further (after all he will only have 2 training sessions before Saturday). He could also benefit from a couple of U23 games before to get his "hand in" (no pun intended).

Bishop hasn't performed badly in his absence, and deserves a couple of games more, then bring back the Ox for the posh match, if he plays a blinder then he's earned his place back as the number 1 spot.

IMO can't say fairer then that.

Just don’t think Bishop has done a great deal wrong and deserves to stay as no.1.

Other than the several goals he's been at fault for?

If those had been Oxley, Oxley would have been crucified.

Bishop has the greater potential, he may even overtake Oxley by next season but for now Oxley is the better keeper.

Does anyone know if Ox is indeed training today?

Yep both Mark Oxley and John White trained today.

RE: Ox... Powell said he will have another look at him on Friday and decide if he is in contention for Saturday or he might leave it for another week or so.

Although, he does suggest that he might bring in Oxley, as he feels the need to lean on the more experienced player in tricky times.

My guess is as good as yours.

Personally (as iv'e said in a previous post) I would put him on the bench, and not risk him (unless needed). He could probably benefit from an U23 match in an ideal world prior to returning to 1st team action at Division One level.

I would rather have him back fully fit for the rest of the season against Posh, Shrews and Fleetwood, than risking him just for the Wombles game, and have him injured again.

Last edited:
I'm more concerned for Bishop, as I can see CP bringing Oxley back in to the starting 11 due to his "experience"
I know he's one of our own but Bishop clearly isn't the finished article, he has the potential to be better than Oxley one day but Oxley is the better player at the moment.

Back