• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What the new manager needs to do...

That’s my point......who’s organizing player team building events that exclude anyone in the squad for any reason at all?

The fines for not attending a **** up would be more than double what was donated by the players towards the charity walk at the weekend!!!

Who is organasing it?

Evidence of? Footballers having team bonding sessions that involve pubs and clubs? Or fines for not attending?

Only 30 years in football....not that much has changed

When you say 30 years in football - at what level? You speak with some authority, I take it you're regularly around professional footballers in some capacity? I'm not being sarcastic here by the way, I'm just curious because what you're saying a quite eye opening for me. I thought the drinking culture died out some years ago.

Do you have any evidence of this?

Nile Ranger would be an example. Most fans have heard stories about David Worrall......There could be others but lets not speculate on here.

Billy Knott is not doing so well these days. The local lad that many of our own fans were angry about when he signed for Gills.

When you say 30 years in football - at what level? You speak with some authority, I take it you're regularly around professional footballers in some capacity? I'm not being sarcastic here by the way, I'm just curious because what you're saying a quite eye opening for me. I thought the drinking culture died out some years ago.

In the wake of the Derby incident??

We’d all be very naive to think the only times it happens are the times we hear about it.....that’s like getting caught cheating and claiming you’d never done it before!!

I'm sure they do, they're pro life is over by their mid 30s so doing anything to jepordise that is just plain daft. The days of Tony Adams drinking himself stupid post match are long gone.

I'd imagine on their days off its golf/FIFA 2020.

I reckon Elvis is a Pro Evolution man.

It was 1.78.

Won 9 Drawn 5 Lost 4 For 26 Against 15. 32 Points.

Thank you Sooty, I felt lazy not finding it out myself!

So well above the 1.36 mark ...

This might be eternal optimist stuff but does it not show that someone can come in and have that required lift of performances with the existing players necessary? I live in hope!

If I was a professional athlete I’d make sure my body was in condition to be that. That’s a prerequisite that’s non negotiable. Unfortunately that’s a 7 day a week 52 weeks of the year obligation. It’s why they are payed so well by comparison.

It’s a quite a trade off really........keep yourself fit and I’ll pay you several thousand pounds a week......
At the end of the day this is 100% right but if nobody at the club is enforcing some basic rules it leads to.......... oh yeah, **** results, it ain't rocket science.

At the end of the day this is 100% right but if nobody at the club is enforcing some basic rules it leads to.......... oh yeah, **** results, it ain't rocket science.

I get the point and I would imagine these players are taking it too easy considering the situation they are in but it is also important to look after your mental health otherwise you may not be able to perform to the best physically. If that means taking the odd few hours off to do something that isn't fitness related then it can be a good thing.

Don't envy the job the new manager has. I did watch a fair chunk of the Bolton v Blackpool match. I thought Bolton should have won, they were better organised than we have been at any point this season.

on the podcast with Drew Broughton Michael Kightly said Chris Powell worked the players too hard when they were in the rut last season, the result was they were knackered in games. Makes sense, people said we weren't fit enough last season...

on the podcast with Drew Broughton Michael Kightly said Chris Powell worked the players too hard when they were in the rut last season, the result was they were knackered in games. Makes sense, people said we weren't fit enough last season...

We're in a deeper rut now so nothing has changed. I've said this before, something or someone is wrong at the club and needs outing sharpish.
It's dragging us down.

Somehow he needs to sort out the three/four camps:

Brown's signings and contract extensions - Oxley, Kiernan, Demetriou, McLaughlin, and extensions given by Bond

Powell's signings -Mantom, Dieng, Hyam, Humphrys, Lennon with Hopper and Barratt hopefully returning

Bond's signings -Milligan, Ralph, Shaughnessy, Goodship, Ridgewell,

Loanees Hamilton and Ndukwu

Youngsters -Bwomono, Kelman, Hutchinson and Bishop.

Without a Chief Executive to apply some policy I dread to think what kind of salary structure there is if at all. I imagine there's possibly some ill feeling about relative salary levels.

Everyone will be starting with a clean slate though with a new manager and they need to make that clear. He needs to get them to play for each other - I'm sure they could do with a win bonus or two.

Unfortunately there is at least another 12/13 games before we can sign anyone.

Back