• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpson

I hear RM went into dressing room at full time but did anyone see him hanging round the tunnel at half time. He hung round our dug out til PS came out then scampered back up. He also had a chat with Hall.

Just wonder how much interference PS will put up with before he walks.

Don't like Ron but as chairman Paul Sturrock is his employee, if he feels that he isn't doing a good job at the moment I don't see why he can't go into the dressing room and ask why our form has dipped. Obviously don't know what actually happened but I'd be suprised if this bothered Luggy too much.

As said in PS thread could be a sign Ron's losing patience. Remember he stormed into the dug out some years to have a pop at Steve Wignall. Why he thinks he's going to make a difference god only knows. In actual fact the second half was worse. I assume by members on here he spoke at HT and FT.

it seems to me that something is going on behind the scenes. All of a sudden these players dont look happy or even comfortable being on the same pitch as each other. I am including Gillingham and Crewe games when I say it is ages since we played like a team.....we are resorting more and more to hoof ball and frankly it isnt working

I agree something just doesnt feel right at the moment, are on field performances related to something behind the scenes, all the usual fears and doubts are begining to rise at the moment.Lets hope not and its just my imagination but I just have a horrible feeling something bad is about to rear its ugly head.:unsure:

have to agree something is seriosuly wrong internally at the club, players dont want to know, manager ****ed off with players. Think Sturrock could well go.

I hear RM went into dressing room at full time but did anyone see him hanging round the tunnel at half time. He hung round our dug out til PS came out then scampered back up. He also had a chat with Hall.

Just wonder how much interference PS will put up with before he walks.

If this is true then we are on the slippery slope to disaster. Chairman and/or CEO interfering in playing matters usually ends up with major problems. No manager likes to work within this atmosphere and it can put off others applying should there be a vacancy in the future.

True but Ron has the right to know why the players are putting in the effort in some games and not in others and why Luggys tactics are...to put it kindly..primitive and uninspiring.

IF the players were performing as badly as they are and Tara went in to have a go then Im sure people's outlook would be a far different matter.

I dont think anyone other than Manager should be involved and from what I hear TB was far more involved than he should be, but when things were as bad as last night I dont blame either of them for venting their frustrations!

Ron going into the dressing room is not good (imho). Kind of puts to bed the "Ron doesn't want us to go up" conspiracy theory though doesn't it.

IF the players were performing as badly as they are and Tara went in to have a go then Im sure people's outlook would be a far different matter.

I dont think anyone other than Manager should be involved and from what I hear TB was far more involved than he should be, but when things were as bad as last night I dont blame either of them for venting their frustrations!

I think you're missing the point. The players obviously respected TB whether it's right or wrong for him to be involved on the playing side and he had a very positive impact in the dressing room. It's also well documented over the years that most of the players who have been at this club can't stand RM so it's hardly going to motivate them him having a pop.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall if he ever has to explain to Bilel why he hasn't been paid.

Have a feeling Sturrock is about to walk.

Totally agree. I felt last night the way I did when we lost to Gillingham 3-0 in our relegation season. I thought Tilly was going to walk that day.

It seemed that PS just walked past RM and ignored him at the start of the second half. Didn't know if anyone else saw the same or had a different viewpoint on it

I can reveal all.
Ron walked into the changing room and said: "Sorry lads, but the wages are going to be uh...a little late this month.
"Nothing to worry about, and I'm sorry to tell you now, but I've got to nip off before the end to avoid that horrible congestion you get down Aldershot High St when a game finishes..."
Anything else - just ask me.

A Chairman getting too involved in playing matters is never good!
However, when your team is just so poor, don't you wish you could go in and ask "what the **** is going on"??? The Chairman should try and restrain himself but it must be tough..especially if you are paying (sometimes) the wages out and they are awful.
Still, no excuse..but all I read is criticism of RM (I have no opinion as I have been abroad) but I love passion..even if misdirected!

The conversation in the dressing room was;
Players.'What you doing in here Ron'
Ron.' Just having a look'.
Players.'But this is the players area'
Ron.'So on tonights performance what are you useless, makeweights doing in here because I have not seen one player amongst you'.
Players.'TB would not talk to us like that'.
Ron.'No. Thats why he is history you sorry sods are going to be'.

Hope it's not true. Martin should be nowhere near the dressing rooms either at half or full time.

I can't believe for one minute after all the effort the players have put in this season that they would just stop wanting to put the effort in and slip down the table even if they don;t like Ron , this is their lively hoods and by staying in League 2 means league 2 wages .

IMO we have over achieved this season and sometimes it levels off and you have nights like this , I knew this game was going to be a red heron due to the circustances with the floodlights and it has proved so . Lets be honest Swindon are the best team in this division and if you finish above them you will win the league , Crawley , Cheltenham and Shrewsbury are on par with us and will have off days in the run up to the finish line .

For once I feel RM may have a case to go and try to gee the players as it must be frustrating to see all this hard work slipping away , he pays wages ( ok i know what you are going to say ) but that gives him a voice , if he chooses to voice that then he is intitled to.

Back