• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't believe Sturrock will walk away, because of his health I am not sure another club would take him on. He also has the security of the rolling contract that he's recently signed,. therefore IMO if he leaves it won't be of his volition.

Just think if he does we can finally get Martin Allen. :nope:

If this is true then we are on the slippery slope to disaster. Chairman and/or CEO interfering in playing matters usually ends up with major problems. No manager likes to work within this atmosphere and it can put off others applying should there be a vacancy in the future.

That damage was done a while ago. Our credibility as an employer sank quicker and deeper than the Titanic during Martin's disgraceful mistreatment of the players and Tilly and Brush. The only manager we were able to employ was one who was desperate and had no other options.

That damage was done a while ago. Our credibility as an employer sank quicker and deeper than the Titanic during Martin's disgraceful mistreatment of the players and Tilly and Brush. The only manager we were able to employ was one who was desperate and had no other options.

What about all the other clubs who have had difficulties in the past few years, have they had difficulty in attracting new managers (Freedman at Palace for example, serial club in admin Portsmouth as well as clubs like Leeds etc) to say nothing of the players we have managed to sign. PS desperate, you're having a laugh. You seem to want to hate anything to do with this club, noted by your paranoid ramblings. Maybe you should be renamed Marvin.

What about all the other clubs who have had difficulties in the past few years, have they had difficulty in attracting new managers (Freedman at Palace for example, serial club in admin Portsmouth as well as clubs like Leeds etc) to say nothing of the players we have managed to sign. PS desperate, you're having a laugh. You seem to want to hate anything to do with this club, noted by your paranoid ramblings. Maybe you should be renamed Marvin.

Palace had difficulties for sure but I don't recall them treating their players or management team quite as disgracefully as we did. Of course I don't want to hate anything to do with the club, which "paranoid ramblings" lead you to that conclusion? I am not over keen on one or two people involved with the club but I'm far from alone there !!

Mick, I doubt any football club would have a problem finding a manager. There's hundreds of people desperate for their first job and hundreds more desperate for one more go. Just look at Tilly. I know you and I don't always agree but I do respect your opinion but you're plain wrong on this.

If Plymouth can keep getting new managers then I'm sure we can.

Mick, I doubt any football club would have a problem finding a manager. There's hundreds of people desperate for their first job and hundreds more desperate for one more go. Just look at Tilly. I know you and I don't always agree but I do respect your opinion but you're plain wrong on this.

If Plymouth can keep getting new managers then I'm sure we can.

No of course we'd find someone, but I still maintain that at the time of the Tilly fiasco, we'd have had difficulty attracting any one who had choices.

I read an interview with Sam Baldock the other day in which he claimed that Allen, upon arriving at a new club, takes the players to a thorny hedgerow, tells them he's going to run through it, and then asks them to prove their loyalty by following him through. Mad as a bag of bollocks.

One way of clearing the land at Fossett's Farm.

I can't believe for one minute after all the effort the players have put in this season that they would just stop wanting to put the effort in and slip down the table even if they don;t like Ron , this is their lively hoods and by staying in League 2 means league 2 wages .

IMO we have over achieved this season and sometimes it levels off and you have nights like this , I knew this game was going to be a red heron due to the circustances with the floodlights and it has proved so . Lets be honest Swindon are the best team in this division and if you finish above them you will win the league , Crawley , Cheltenham and Shrewsbury are on par with us and will have off days in the run up to the finish line .

For once I feel RM may have a case to go and try to gee the players as it must be frustrating to see all this hard work slipping away , he pays wages ( ok i know what you are going to say ) but that gives him a voice , if he chooses to voice that then he is intitled to.

Quite. And I believe the club are set up for promotion this year so another year in league two would be more than a little worrying.

Remember Ron at Roots hall storming to the dug out to have a pop at Wignall. Not de ja vu is it?

Back