• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What would League 2 mean?

SUFCFANS

Coach
For starters would the new ground be scrapped? If we're languising in the bottom 4 does administration now make more sense if we're going down anyway? Would we lose our core of talented new young players coming through?

Having said that - we could still survive the drop ;)

Discuss..

I dont see how we could abandon the stadium plans at this late stage because of the amount of money that has been spent to get to this point. I firmly believe RM and his companies need this development to prevail as much as the club do regardless of our divisional status

For starters would the new ground be scrapped? If we're languising in the bottom 4 does administration now make more sense if we're going down anyway? Would we lose our core of talented new young players coming through?

Having said that - we could still survive the drop ;)

Discuss..

I was under the impression that if you enter Administration after being relegated then the points deduction will carry over to next season. Does anyone know if it is also the case of the points deduction carrying over next year if you still would have been relegated even without the points deductions?

To say "game over" seems a little over the top, for most of our 104 years as a club we have operated in the bottom 2 divisions, and as a guess probably never made much in the way of operating profit...
Would lge 2 kill us? why should it? ok we will miss out on some gate revenue but this season we have slipped back to between 6-7000, we would still probably average 6000 next year. If our youngsters are not good enough to keep us in this division then will there really be a mass of clubs queing up to snap them up? no.
Dont get me wrong i dont exactly get excited about visiting Barnet,Daggers and maybe Stevenage and still feel we will stay up....but kill the club, i dont think so

Long ball football and terraces in the arse end of nowhere.

Another essex derby at daggers. Lesser crowds but different towns to visit and more financial woe.

I dont think we will go down , but unless we start getting points on the board we will. The only good side is that after charlton we have a lot of very winnable games.

Its going to be nervy.

If admin is in the thoughts of RM then I'd hope that whatever exit strategy he's got is put in place ASAP like with Leeds.

If we did take the minus 10, it's imperative we accept we're down this season and start 10/11 with a fresh slate, solvent and able to sign players PERMANENTLY. We cannot afford to treadwater in L2 like Rotherham or even worse fail yet again like Luton and end up in the Blue Sq Premier. If L2 is our destiny we need an immediate return like Hartlepool & Swindon did a couple of years ago.

Also, if we are in L2, RM will have hardly any allies left amongst the faithful and find any little obstacle turn into long and vociferous protests I'd imagine.

Last edited:
The worry is you look at teams like Luton who were in the championship not too long ago and where they are now. You wonder how many players would leave also and what we would replace them with.

I can well understand the reasoning for this thread but I really don't think we should start entering into discussions about relegation and its consequences just yet.........
............let's wait, at least until the end of March.

Relegation would of course be disasterous for us, and something we may never fight back from.

To say "game over" seems a little over the top, for most of our 104 years as a club we have operated in the bottom 2 divisions, and as a guess probably never made much in the way of operating profit...
Would lge 2 kill us? why should it? ok we will miss out on some gate revenue but this season we have slipped back to between 6-7000, we would still probably average 6000 next year. If our youngsters are not good enough to keep us in this division then will there really be a mass of clubs queing up to snap them up? no.
Dont get me wrong i dont exactly get excited about visiting Barnet,Daggers and maybe Stevenage and still feel we will stay up....but kill the club, i dont think so

Well it is game over thus when its game over you have to start again! and league 2 means starting again!

Been there before and bounced back so its not all doom and gloom, need to get behind the team on friday though, really feel us the supporters need to give the team 100% backing now and until the end of the season

Been there before and bounced back so its not all doom and gloom, need to get behind the team on friday though, really feel us the supporters need to give the team 100% backing now and until the end of the season

Totally agree, this is the time now to put any differences aside and roar on this team Friday.....Come May i still feel that we will Play Southampton with our future in this division alreadysafe......now wheres my medication

If I remember correctly weren't Swansea building their new groud when in League 2?? Maybe not all bad..

Lets face it, looking past all of the optimism of a month ago, and the "how many points will we get in February" polls etc.

I think deep down we all knew that Feb was going to be nigh on impossible to get owt, and that we would spiral downwards.

Looking past Charlton on Friday, we no longer have any more of the big boys to play....(Colchester, Norwich, Charlton, Huddersfield, MK Dons, Swindon)....(Leeds and Southampton the exception) in the final 14 games.....

When we play Charlton on Friday, and manage to pull off a victory, we could find ourselves in the ascendancy going into March against (theoretically) lesser teams......And end the season on lower mid-table......

We shouldn't be too negative about losing the Feb games. However, if we're in the same situation in a month, then is the time to bring out the doomsday book!

What would league 2 mean? starting Fifa 11 in league 2 is going to suck! :(

Back