• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Voucher for a half-price All At Sea. Cos presumably most will have bought the programme mistaking it for the fanzine. Or have I got that the wrong way round...

You shouldn't have to buy a programme for another £3 to get a cheap seat for another game.

I know you should't HAVE to, but the thread title says "What would you put in Saturday's programme" and I have just replied with what I think would attract fans. That's the whole point of the thread, and your suggestion is............

This, Or advertise that there will be xx more home games around the Xmas/New Year at £5 entry together with the dates. Vouchers may put them off. Maybe introduce the vouchers later in the season?

I like this Idea, but this way people may just wait for the £5 games (good for people who are unable to afford it) The voucher idea mean't that they could go to any game for £5 after they had been to two other games and bought a programme.

This would mean that the £5 would be staggered, and not a large attendance at one game followed by the normal following at the next.

Sainsburys Christmas Discount vouchers…………………………oh sorry the store's not been built yet.

A couple of players favourite recipes for the Christmas dinner ; just to give PB time to practice if he is going to do the same catering as PS did for a few years. How about a few present suggestions that they would be giving to each other if they could..........might be a few funny ideas although none as obvious as a Monopoly "get out of jail" card for our revitalised old lag. The oversees (BBBC, Cocko & Laird) maybe to tell of Irish/Scot experiences. Or how Spinner is going to spend December down under.

Basically turn it into an issue of FHM or nuts and have scantily clad women in football shirts on most of the pages. Yes i am a sexist pig who has not bought a program for years but if they did this..........I would get my son to buy it

One time only voucher for onions in your half time burger? Or a full page spread of Pin the Tail on the Ron?

An incentive for me to re-purchase my season card which is getting to be poorer value with every cheap match day entrance offer!

A refund voucher for those who attended Newport.

A crisp £20 note.

A centre page spread of the Bluebelles in the showers

Hair dressing tips from Ron

The truth about the Freddy money

The date of :Worthy:Kevin Mahers :Worthy: long deserved testimonial, forget FF as the game lets have it at Roots Hall before many new blood say " Who was he "

The date of :Worthy:Kevin Mahers :Worthy: long deserved testimonial, forget FF as the game lets have it at Roots Hall before many new blood say " Who was he "

I’d love to see the “old boys” get together for that. Flavs, Gower, Barrett, Efe, JCR, Freddy, Moussa etc ok maybe not Moussa for Kev

In the event of an FA Cup replay and / or home tie in the 3rd round, free admittance for season ticket holders, and a voucher for matchday ticket holders for reduced admission.

It might encourage a few regulars to go to the game at Chesterfield as well as entice a few back in future if we get through. If we don't? At least the floating punter then know the club want their custom and will do something to get them back.

Last edited:
Every idea here has merit, perhaps with exception of the centre spread brigade (or maybe even them, on reflection). But at the end of the day, the only real way to boost the crowd is by continuously playing the type of football that excites fans (even in Div 2) and far more wins than losses. Add to that being in and around autos/play offs and then watch the gate numbers increase regardless of offers. Nothing new here, it's a tried and trusted recipe.

Back