• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What would you want from the new stadium?

Adequate access roads.
Decent bars with local beers (inc big screen showing past games/highlights)
Gaps in between the stands to allow sunlight onto all of the pitch.
On that subject, a decent playing surface.
Safe standing areas for the X-block types.
Suites for conferences/shows/events etc (vital for revenue).

Be nice to not eat **** food, drink **** beer and sit in bird **** tho.

Completely agree. Point being it's not the main reason why a large majority of people do/don't go to football. We take huge numbers to some of the worst away grounds the club will visit without roofs or seats etc.

Completely agree. Point being it's not the main reason why a large majority of people do/don't go to football. We take huge numbers to some of the worst away grounds the club will visit without roofs or seats etc.
Definitely.

I think we'll get another few thousand attending out of curiosity for the first few games, crucial time football wise, if the footballs crap the part timers wont come back no matter how good the cuisine is.

I think we need these if there are going to be the usual beer concessions in and around the stadium concourses

Image: bottomsupbeer.com
By filling from the bottom, the beer is less likely to become stratified, and therefore tastes better. Are Bottoms Up beer cups reusable? Yes, Bottoms Up beer cups are reusable. The company that makes them encourages people to use them multiple times before recycling them.

How do bottom Fill beer taps work? - coaliti…

www.coalitionbrewing.com/how-do-bottom-fill-beer-taps-work/
www.coalitionbrewing.com/how-do-bottom-fill-beer-t…

Can the burgers come with stone island badges rather than pickles and rather than pat downs the stewards have to make sure they get a picture with you getting the badge in?
Would tie in nicely with the ground's name. I have it on good authority naming rights are sorted and it'll be The Stone Island Arena.

Whilst FF supposedly enables a significant revenue stream for non-match days, the club simply HAS to get the match day experience right.

Bar the cost of admission I don't spend much money when visiting Roots Hall for home games, largely because I know the quality and choice at the ground is poor to say the least. I have drinks and food at the pub for as long as possible beforehand, usually while watching the early kick-off on TV, then arrive at the ground just before our 3pm kick-off and leave soon after the game has finished. Quite often I'll return to the pub to watch the 5.30pm game on TV too. In summary, I'm giving far more dollar to the high street than I am to the club simply because the club's offering is substandard. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of others who have similar thoughts and some of these could surely be tempted to spend some of their hard-earned at FF if the proposition was sufficiently tempting.

I"d be quite happy to tip the scales of my spending more into the club's favour if they were able to recreate and indeed improve upon my current match day experience. For me that would involve a choice of ales from local breweries, a food menu and screens for those waiting to watch the 12.30pm and 5.30pm televised games plus quieter areas for those who do not. It's far from being rocket science.

If I turn up at FF for the first game to find my choice of tipple is limited to John Smith's, Greene King, Doom Bar, Foster's or any of that **** then I'll stick to my usual match day routine then it's opportunity missed for SUFC and little to no skin off my nose. I currently have a lack of faith that the club will get this part right. I can almost hear the explanation "Oh, we're tied to a certain brewery and this is all they've got" line already.

And yes, I realise I do come across as somewhat dependent on alcohol here. I am drinking ahead of going to a Southend United game though, in all fairness. Something I know many of you will understand.

Hopefully a match day concession for the Fish House I can’t imagine not walking in without my sausage in batter and chips which I have been doing over 30 years to often lately it’s been the only highlight of the day.

Should offer them a spot for match day to keep their business
I doubt very much that will happen, if any of the stories are to be believed. Over the years they have (apparently) been invited to advertise with SUFC but have always refused. They've not once contributed, but have made a lot of money out of the club. I also don't think their business will suffer once Roots Hall is turned into a residential development.

I doubt the club will stock any local beer, as it will be the same answer as has been for years, we are tied to a National Brewery. they give us a good deal. They Dont. !!!!
As most of you know i have been working for a local brewery for years (both Billericay & Brentwood) been banging Southend United door for years. All they see is cheap beer not slightly more expensive but what will bring more people in. We have even offered to do another beer fest like the one a few years ago. (Cash up front though this time Ha Ha)
Example. The Blue Boar started doing a local Ale for all home games a year or so ago. Guess what it sells out most games and we have to go on bottles from that same brewery when it runs out.
Plus as its known in the trade most ale drinkers will bring in a least two others in with them who drink something else. so treble the amount taken. Blue Boar also know this now.
Short sighted Southend United will just see a contract with ££ signs on that are not cheaper. Cant see it changing. !!

I noticed at brightons stadium the lighting inside the away fans part changes colour to the teams colours.

I thought that was a clever touch.

Theres really no need to reinvent the wheel, we just need to nick every cool idea from everyone else 😄
I'm pretty sure it's Brighton who buy a cask of ale from a brewery local to each visiting team and sell this in the bars in the away end in addition to their standard offering. Shows the visitors you've thought of them and any leftover is kept and served as a 'guest ale' afterwards.

I'm pretty sure it's Brighton who buy a cask of ale from a brewery local to each visiting team and sell this in the bars in the away end in addition to their standard offering. Shows the visitors you've thought of them and any leftover is kept and served as a 'guest ale' afterwards.
We could then source a local Ale from Colchester's local brewery called Sheepshaggers delight, when our neigbours visit us next Season.

He will have the same catering for a start still selling utter ****e food the same dopey staff

Admired the fox poo sitting undisturbed on a ledge near the West/South Stand bar on Saturday. Would it have killed someone to clear it up?

Back