• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What would you want from the new stadium?

I doubt the club will stock any local beer, as it will be the same answer as has been for years, we are tied to a National Brewery. they give us a good deal. They Dont. !!!!
As most of you know i have been working for a local brewery for years (both Billericay & Brentwood) been banging Southend United door for years. All they see is cheap beer not slightly more expensive but what will bring more people in. We have even offered to do another beer fest like the one a few years ago. (Cash up front though this time Ha Ha)
Example. The Blue Boar started doing a local Ale for all home games a year or so ago. Guess what it sells out most games and we have to go on bottles from that same brewery when it runs out.
Plus as its known in the trade most ale drinkers will bring in a least two others in with them who drink something else. so treble the amount taken. Blue Boar also know this now.
Short sighted Southend United will just see a contract with ££ signs on that are not cheaper. Cant see it changing. !!
Unlike Orient then , the mighty oak brewery have done plenty of business there and the club has done beer festivals I believe.
Truth is the average punter has low standards and requirements when it comes to food and drink.
Imo every match day should be a mini beer and food festival featuring offerings from the away team area too.

I'll be really angry if the stanchions and ladder in the front of the West stand aren't brought across. The idea of having an unrestricted view doesn't really appeal. How will I be able to say "I didn't see that because of the ladder"?
Need some sort of "roots hall glasses" from the club shop.

Like these but with vertical lines.

71DBVpVjYwL._AC_UY780_.jpg

A great thread with some fantastic ideas that the club need to take on board and implement.
If they get the match day experience right then our support will grow quite considerably.
I'm sure that with the new stadium, coupled with Ron hopefully selling up, there will a huge demand for season tickets. I would probably purchase one despite not being able to get to all of the home games.

I would love a Grumpy Arseholes corner section of any one of the new stands. That way all those that always spend their entire 90 minutes moaning about everything and everything could all sit/stand together and moan in unison.
The Cricko block?

Didn't realise that Oxford Utd are abandoning The Kassam after only 20 years.
They are saying it's location is too far out of town and not viable. That has only ever had 3 sides as well.

Reactions: TSG
Didn't realise that Oxford Utd are abandoning The Kassam after only 20 years.
They are saying it's location is too far out of town and not viable. That has only ever had 3 sides as well.
Dreadful stadium. Only went there once and hopefully never again.

Some of you want Lakeside with Old Speckled Solihull as a guest ale.

I want to see a loud, intimidating, safe standing area full of shrimpers behind one end. At my age I will be happy to admire that from my luxury seat in the main stand.

I will be happy to pay extra as I will able to order decent food, even after the game in my designated lounge. I will be trusted with a real glass to drink my beer as it will be full of people who can also be trusted, including their friends on guest passes. We will be our own Gentlemans club with Ladies allowed

Those amongst you who won't go after not getting the "full football experience".....Whatever that is....Well you can F*** off back to watching Man U on Sky and leave us real fans to concentrate on the game.

Some of you have forgotten a stadium is all about the players and the fans....How you get the best out of each other. Always has been always will be.

Some of you want Lakeside with Old Speckled Solihull as a guest ale.

I want to see a loud, intimidating, safe standing area full of shrimpers behind one end. At my age I will be happy to admire that from my luxury seat in the main stand.

I will be happy to pay extra as I will able to order decent food, even after the game in my designated lounge. I will be trusted with a real glass to drink my beer as it will be full of people who can also be trusted, including their friends on guest passes. We will be our own Gentlemans club with Ladies allowed

Those amongst you who won't go after not getting the "full football experience".....Whatever that is....Well you can F*** off back to watching Man U on Sky and leave us real fans to concentrate on the game.

Some of you have forgotten a stadium is all about the players and the fans....How you get the best out of each other. Always has been always will be.
I reckon you could pick a row with someone in a empty room!

I would love a Grumpy Arseholes corner section of any one of the new stands. That way all those that always spend their entire 90 minutes moaning about everything and everything could all sit/stand together and moan in unison.
And a "let's have a go at the ref and accuse him of not knowing the rules when actually it's us that don't" section.

A case in point: at the Bromley home game (I think it was) there were some people in the West stand (who spend the entirety of every match having a go at the officials) having a go at the ref for not knowing the rules for not making one of their players leave the pitch after treatment after a foul. A few minutes later he made one of our players leave the pitch after treatment. This led to them being apoplectic. What they didn't know was the laws of the game which says a player doesn't have to leave the field of play following treatment if the offender was booked.

On top of the good things already mentioned, especially some sort of museum dedicated to Roots Hall, I'd like there to be something that fans can purchase like a engraved brick or something that's placed on the fans walkway or one of the walls of the ground itself.

You should also be able to purchase your old seat from RH, I know many other clubs have done this in the past.

On top of the good things already mentioned, especially some sort of museum dedicated to Roots Hall, I'd like there to be something that fans can purchase like a engraved brick or something that's placed on the fans walkway or one of the walls of the ground itself.

You should also be able to purchase your old seat from RH, I know many other clubs have done this in the past.
Now those sound good ideas

Back