• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What would you want from the new stadium?

On top of the good things already mentioned, especially some sort of museum dedicated to Roots Hall, I'd like there to be something that fans can purchase like a engraved brick or something that's placed on the fans walkway or one of the walls of the ground itself.

You should also be able to purchase your old seat from RH, I know many other clubs have done this in the past.
This post reminded me…….
Many years ago rob did a stadium presentation at the royals. After the presentation were some good big picture questions about the stadium ( we didn’t have the detail then we do now) followed by:
Can I buy my seat
And if my memory serves correctly “ why is isnt Johnny herd starting” or something equally irrelevant

Adequate access roads.
Decent bars with local beers (inc big screen showing past games/highlights)
Gaps in between the stands to allow sunlight onto all of the pitch.
On that subject, a decent playing surface.
Safe standing areas for the X-block types.
Suites for conferences/shows/events etc (vital for revenue).
Aa there houses being built around fossets i would think a road in and out will be built .

And a "let's have a go at the ref and accuse him of not knowing the rules when actually it's us that don't" section.

A case in point: at the Bromley home game (I think it was) there were some people in the West stand (who spend the entirety of every match having a go at the officials) having a go at the ref for not knowing the rules for not making one of their players leave the pitch after treatment after a foul. A few minutes later he made one of our players leave the pitch after treatment. This led to them being apoplectic. What they didn't know was the laws of the game which says a player doesn't have to leave the field of play following treatment if the offender was booked.
We might just have to increase the capacity of the whole stadium if we go down that route.

I would love a Grumpy Arseholes corner section of any one of the new stands. That way all those that always spend their entire 90 minutes moaning about everything and everything could all sit/stand together and moan in unison.
I remember seeing a NL match earlier in the season and the home team had a moaners corner one side of a stand and it was well populated.

May I suggest another section for those that do not know the LAWS of football.
Correct. Note, I used rules when applying to the people having a go at the ref and not elsewhere. That wasn't by accident, it was because they keep saying, "You don't know the rules!". There are no rules in football. There are laws.

There are two aspects to this.

1. What we want during the match (3 points and a good atmosphere)
2. What we’d want before or after the match to entice us to spend more money at the ground.

The Aussie will come out in me here, a nice dead horse and sauce at half time washed down with a VB.

Aussie Rhyming slang: - Dead Horse = Sauce

Think he meant Pie and Dead Horse, though I would have said a pie and Phar Lap.

A for VB, you can shove that where the sun doesn't shine.
😂😂 gotcha. My sister lives in Australia (melbourne) I’m jealous!!!

Back