• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What would you want from the new stadium?

I doubt the club will stock any local beer, as it will be the same answer as has been for years, we are tied to a National Brewery. they give us a good deal. They Dont. !!!!
As most of you know i have been working for a local brewery for years (both Billericay & Brentwood) been banging Southend United door for years. All they see is cheap beer not slightly more expensive but what will bring more people in. We have even offered to do another beer fest like the one a few years ago. (Cash up front though this time Ha Ha)
Example. The Blue Boar started doing a local Ale for all home games a year or so ago. Guess what it sells out most games and we have to go on bottles from that same brewery when it runs out.
Plus as its known in the trade most ale drinkers will bring in a least two others in with them who drink something else. so treble the amount taken. Blue Boar also know this now.
Short sighted Southend United will just see a contract with ££ signs on that are not cheaper. Cant see it changing. !!
This is ridiculous slapheadsteve. Not you the club. Who tells you it can't be done. The thing is they should be trying new things now. Revolutionary things like not having coffee that's been watered down so it tastes like well I'm too polite to say. They should be tracking Gremlin down to ask him what he wants and deliver it now. After all he said it's not rocket science and he's right.

Admired the fox poo sitting undisturbed on a ledge near the West/South Stand bar on Saturday. Would it have killed someone to clear it up?
Probably the foxes responsible for the two large holes in the pitch on sat morning!!

...it build ? 🤔 basically, the things that were promised to us, when it was first proposed to the fan base. The current offereing doesn't seem anything like it

The club needs to make use of a lounge that's offering Premium General Admission. That's then hooking in several hundred higher earning individuals who aren't quite ready for a true hospitality experience.

Supply booths in the PGA lounge and offer free wifi and opening 2-3 hours before evening kick offs, and use on non matchdays with free sign in for guests for meetings. If you need to use a meeting room, it's available at a small fee per hour (basically to cover staff costs)

Hopefully gets the young professional angle sorted and rewards the supporters and for those who aren't paying, they get the facilities anyway, they just pay market rates.

Club museum for a team so small will die on its arse, better off embedding the history of the club in public spaces, e.g. have a bar dedicated to the latter day promotions, have a bar that embraces Roots Hall (install the turnstiles, make stools from the East Stand seats, repurpose the current dugouts into the bar, walk into the bar and through a mock up of the players' tunnel)

If the airport can get successful again, maybe there's a way to offer a way for plane spotters / photographers to make use of the high angles? The Shard makes quite a bit out of that with people coming from miles around to get their shots. Likewise the roof is a great use for things such as the abseil at Tottenham.

As someone alluded to, we don't need to be revolutionary here, we just need to take the best parts of other builds and then sprinkle SUFC fairy dust on it.

The main thing here is, this is the time to start engaging the fans while there's plans. Walls can be knocked through, partitions can be put in now. I fear that this will end up being an afterthought and becoming a 6/10 that is full of great ideas but never achieves any potential.

I'm pretty sure it's Brighton who buy a cask of ale from a brewery local to each visiting team and sell this in the bars in the away end in addition to their standard offering. Shows the visitors you've thought of them and any leftover is kept and served as a 'guest ale' afterwards.

I like your thinking but might have trouble shifting a cask when we are playing Solihull Moors.

1: The stadium painted rainbow colour's
2: A statue of Jeremy Corbyn outside
3: A safe space for when I feel offended
4: Pronouns banned, alongside swearing
5; CS Cockles also banned
6: A pound in the glass strip pub for the lads ( and lasses if they like drinking from the fury cup.

I'm pretty sure it's Brighton who buy a cask of ale from a brewery local to each visiting team and sell this in the bars in the away end in addition to their standard offering. Shows the visitors you've thought of them and any leftover is kept and served as a 'guest ale' afterwards.

I'm sure it's Brighton who have the ability to change the colours of the away concourse to that of the visiting team to "make them feel welcome".. personally, I want it to be a horrible experience in footballing terms for away supporters but I guess showing that you are welcoming will keep them coming back each time you play their team.

I would like to see an all you can eat buffet. Quality on a match day and would be busy the rest of the week!

There are a a number of people that don’t want to leave roots hall, so could we have a special section of one stand complete with :
East stand seats
West stand toilets
South stand bird ****
West stand stanctions
Uneven causeways with big puddles
Fox ****
roots hall quality burgers and coffees
Holes in roof with complimentary hose attached so it leaks even when it isn’t raining
Terrible acoustics
Terrible PA system
Season ticket that never turns up

They would then gets the perfect roots hall experience from one stand and would feel “at home”

The club needs to make use of a lounge that's offering Premium General Admission. That's then hooking in several hundred higher earning individuals who aren't quite ready for a true hospitality experience.

Supply booths in the PGA lounge and offer free wifi and opening 2-3 hours before evening kick offs, and use on non matchdays with free sign in for guests for meetings. If you need to use a meeting room, it's available at a small fee per hour (basically to cover staff costs)

Hopefully gets the young professional angle sorted and rewards the supporters and for those who aren't paying, they get the facilities anyway, they just pay market rates.

Club museum for a team so small will die on its arse, better off embedding the history of the club in public spaces, e.g. have a bar dedicated to the latter day promotions, have a bar that embraces Roots Hall (install the turnstiles, make stools from the East Stand seats, repurpose the current dugouts into the bar, walk into the bar and through a mock up of the players' tunnel)

If the airport can get successful again, maybe there's a way to offer a way for plane spotters / photographers to make use of the high angles? The Shard makes quite a bit out of that with people coming from miles around to get their shots. Likewise the roof is a great use for things such as the abseil at Tottenham.

As someone alluded to, we don't need to be revolutionary here, we just need to take the best parts of other builds and then sprinkle SUFC fairy dust on it.

The main thing here is, this is the time to start engaging the fans while there's plans. Walls can be knocked through, partitions can be put in now. I fear that this will end up being an afterthought and becoming a 6/10 that is full of great ideas but never achieves any potential.
I think your right about that, love the idea of repurposing the old parts of the hall. And massive photos on canvas of all our legendary players and managers around the inside of the ground is enough to acknowledge our history

I'll be really angry if the stanchions and ladder in the front of the West stand aren't brought across. The idea of having an unrestricted view doesn't really appeal. How will I be able to say "I didn't see that because of the ladder"?

A swimming pool with swim up bar (think they have one at the Jacksonville Jaguars stadium).....Also a strip club could help out with halftime entertainment 😁😁😁

Back