• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

IloveShrimp

Director⭐
Anyone know whats wrong with Mr. Sturrock, only I heard a rumour that he may be leaving at the end of the season due to his Parkinsons. Hope this is not the case.

I wish him well.

The reason given yesterday was that he has had a leg infection, which is improving.

Anyone know whats wrong with Mr. Sturrock, only I heard a rumour that he may be leaving at the end of the season due to his Parkinsons. Hope this is not the case.

I wish him well.

It will play a factor in his departure date, I hope later rather than sooner...

Yes as OLB said and as stated on the offical site, PS has just a leg infection which needed to be rested which why he did not make the long journey up to Port Vale he is expending to be back at work tomorrow.

He's coping remarkably well with his Parkinson's and it is not affecting his role at the club.

He let the cat out of the bag in his post-match interview on Sky following the JPT Area Final when he said it was great to have a visit to Wembley "at the end of my career". He could have said towards the end but he didn't, he said "at the end."

If he goes, I'd hope to see Harris given some form of role, either as manager or as assistant to Coughlan.

Why? Dont see what Harris has done to deserve that. IF (and it is all rumours) Luggy does leave and Coughlan take over, Id imagine he would want an experienced coach alongside him.

get back soon P S .For a man with the illness you have and a chairman like you work for . YOUR A BL**DY miracle worker . Your the man P

If his health means he has to go, so be it.
But I agree with those who would like to retain him - there isn't really a manager with better CV at this level.
I wouldn't pick a journeyman who's had a few other clubs with no consistent success - agree that Coughlan, Harris, maybe even Barker are worth looking at.

Pretty sure PS will be off at the end of this season. Regardless.

Hope this doesn't become true. Maybe a Paint Trophy win and promotion, would see Luggy still in charge next season. (it would surely make it impossible to sack him)!

Hope this doesn't become true. Maybe a Paint Trophy win and promotion, would see Luggy still in charge next season. (it would surely make it impossible to sack him)!
This is what I hope we are all praying for..............continuity=success. Even if we just miss the play offs I will look back on this season as a very good one given the trip to Wembley, win or lose.

Back