• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will it happen

What time will Bond be sacked?

• Total voters
Ron seen leaving meeting with Bond....went well by the look of itView attachment 8917

I might be in a minority but I like Ron. I also believe he does have the best interests of the club at heart. His communication could be better, although I think it has definitely improved in recent years. His business practices could be said to be a bit ‘sharp’ but he knows where the lines of legality are and he goes right up to them without crossing. He’s a bit of a trooper really and in the main I trust him with my beloved club. I’d like a new stadium for Christmas this year though please Ron, and in the meantime if you or your staff are reading SZ I’d dearly like you to cheer us all up by fully and finally sorting the issues at the club right now. If that’s just down to the management, then they need changing pronto please. If there are actually other malign issues or individuals then those too seem to be presenting a clear and present danger to our league status and you’ll have to make a call as to whether it’s more expensive to remove those individuals now too, or keep them on and incur further damage to our league position.

I might be in a minority but I like Ron. I also believe he does have the best interests of the club at heart. His communication could be better, although I think it has definitely improved in recent years. His business practices could be said to be a bit ‘sharp’ but he knows where the lines of legality are and he goes right up to them without crossing. He’s a bit of a trooper really and in the main I trust him with my beloved club. I’d like a new stadium for Christmas this year though please Ron, and in the meantime if you or your staff are reading SZ I’d dearly like you to cheer us all up by fully and finally sorting the issues at the club right now. If that’s just down to the management, then they need changing pronto please. If there are actually other malign issues or individuals then those too seem to be presenting a clear and present danger to our league status and you’ll have to make a call as to whether it’s more expensive to remove those individuals now too, or keep them on and incur further damage to our league position.

I had some business dealings with Ron in the past, and without going into too much detail, I was not happy with the way things worked out. That said, at no point did I find Ron to be unethical, dishonest or difficult. He is, as Mozza once put it, a charming man. Over the years, I have been able to look past my personal issues, and I agree that Ron deserves a better press than he gets. I'm sure he came into the club looking for a profit, and not much else, but it is obvious to anyone who spends any significant time with him that he genuinely loves this club, and if he had billions to put into it, I think he would. The trouble is, for him and for us, he doesn't.

I'm with you on this !

Back