• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Where are these crap trialists coming from?

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
lace Dudfields boots any of em. These blokes that are getting invited along are pathetic, and time is running out, a Flavs type u turn is called for, come back lawrie we now realise just how good you are and how bad our contacts are!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ July 26 2005,22:45)]lace Dudfields boots any of em. These blokes that are getting invited along are pathetic, and time is running out, a Flavs type u turn is called for, come back lawrie we now realise just how good you are and how bad our contacts are!
So what about the trialist who scored the first goal then?

I have to say that one wouldn't know if these triallists were crap without actually playing them. That's what pre-season friendly / reserve games are trying to achieve ...

WS

It would seem that football continues to be all about opinions:

"The lad Casey who scored was quite impressive, especially in the second half. Very good close control and a few silky skills. Made some good runs, and was in the right place to score the first."

"Woodhall (sp.) The trialist from Chelsea; Much better than Saturday; possibly our best player in the second half."

"Casey looks good. Holds the ball up well good close control and was in the right place for the first goal. Well worth a good look at Grays."

"The lad on trial fom Chelsea was solid in the second half."

Hmmm ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ July 26 2005,22:49)]Did u see the rest of his play?
Yes. Held the ball up well, two footed, decent enough in the air, was communicating very well. Bearing in mind it was his first match with new team mates playing in rather unknown territory, he did himself no harm at all IMHO.

oops.gif

But it is STRIKERS we are after, all we seem to be collecting is midfielders!

Laurie Dudfield is 50/50 for coming back to the club. Some people in the know seem to think he will be back this week!!

The big black lad who came on at half time was the worst ever trialist ive ever seen in a game for southend he was so bad tilly had to do the rite thing and pull him off after less than 20 mins on the field.
What gets me is how can a player think he is of good enough quality to even have the front to try and prove himself when he clearly would have been struggling to get a game for the 'Dog and Duck' on a sunday in the 'Ive never played football before league div9'!!!!
This is quite alarming and i hope we are not so desperate to give anyone who is tall a game for the blues in a mad rush to find the ideal partner for freddie.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Laurie Dudfield is 50/50 for coming back to the club. Some people in the know seem to think he will be back this week!!

I really hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (northbankblue @ July 26 2005,23:47)]The big black lad who came on at half time was the worst ever trialist ive ever seen in a game for southend he was so bad tilly had to do the rite thing and pull him off after less than 20 mins on the field.
What gets me is how can a player think he is of good enough quality to even have the front to try and prove himself when he clearly would have been struggling to get a game for the 'Dog and Duck' on a sunday in the 'Ive never played football before league div9'!!!!
This is quite alarming and i hope we are not so desperate to give anyone who is tall a game for the blues in a mad rush to find the ideal partner for freddie.
You have to admit though, that fella made superb entertainment
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ July 27 2005,00:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Laurie Dudfield is 50/50 for coming back to the club. Some people in the know seem to think he will be back this week!!

I really hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hopefully to collect all his belongings
biggrin.gif

As Mike says, it is a game of opinions.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (northbankblue @ July 26 2005,23:47)]The big black lad who came on at half time was the worst ever trialist ive ever seen in a game for southend he was so bad tilly had to do the rite thing and pull him off after less than 20 mins on the field.
Was it Kev Gray?

If not im sure he wasnt worse than Kev Gray
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ July 26 2005,22:45)]a Flavs type u turn is called for
Is that one of those when he thinks about coming for the ball but doesn't or one when he goes for the ball but has to run back to the goal when he doesn't get it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ July 27 2005,09:32)]Brilliant, how do you think em up!
By watching videos of goals Darryl has conceded, I imagine. The only thing more startling than your negativity about the club is your total unwillingness even to recognise that Flahavan has many flaws as a keeper.

Don't take this as a pro-Bart post, incidentally; personally, I think they're both a bit average - a long way short of Roycie or Sammy in their pomp.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 27 2005,09:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ July 27 2005,09:32)]Brilliant, how do you think em up!
By watching videos of goals Darryl has conceded, I imagine.  The only thing more startling than your negativity about the club is your total unwillingness even to recognise that Flahavan has many flaws as a keeper.

Don't take this as a pro-Bart post, incidentally; personally, I think they're both a bit average - a long way short of Roycie or Sammy in their pomp.

Matt
Spot on Matt.

Flahavan is a terrific line keeper, and Griemink far superior on crosses if we metamorphasise them perhaps we may get a Royce, Sammy, Cawston et al.

Daryl was terrific when he came in for Bart after his injury. However it is no coincidence that when ever he has been out of contract or "left" the club that no other league club has attempted to sign him. Says it all in my opinion.

Back