• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Where are these crap trialists coming from?

The highlight for me was when we had a corner and one of the maldon players (grey and old) was marking a player and another maldon player said something to him and he replied.i'll stay here yea and go there in a minute.Shrimper fan shouted out you do that mate.Everyone then broke out in laughter.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ July 26 2005,23:19)]Laurie Dudfield is 50/50 for coming back to the club.
Does this mean we can have a player of two halves rather than a game
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pitsea shrimper @ July 27 2005,10:31)]one of the maldon players (grey and old)
That grey bloke was Nicky Smith, many years ago a Southend player. Would have thought it was the late 80's & he made a few appearances, into the 50's I would've thought.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ July 27 2005,11:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (pitsea shrimper @ July 27 2005,10:31)]one of the maldon players (grey and old)
That grey bloke was Nicky Smith, many years ago a Southend player.  Would have thought it was the late 80's & he made a few appearances, into the 50's I would've thought.
I would have thought he is only in the late 30s
biggrin.gif

It was indeed Nicky Smith. He is in the OB in Suffolk and will be transferring to Essex in December. He also manages England Police team and plays for Great British Police team

none of the forwards on show at malden are good enough to get in the squad imo. thought bently made the differance when he came on. i know it was gower first run out this season but again he was disapointing. seems to have carried on where he left off last season
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ July 27 2005,12:04)]i know it was gower first run out this season but again he was disapointing. seems to have carried on where he left off last season
Gower played against Millwall - and yes, he was dump then as well

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 27 2005,09:38)]Don't take this as a pro-Bart post, incidentally; personally, I think they're both a bit average - a long way short of Roycie or Sammy in their pomp.
When did Roycie ever have pomp ?

Over-rated, overpaid, not over used at the top level once he left us and thankfully any talk about getting him back long over.

Over and out.

I have to say I'm getting a bit worried about Wiggy's blind devotion to Darryl. You wouldn't see me doing the same.
tounge.gif

Not over used - are you suggesting he wasn't overstretched when setting the then premier$hite record for most consecutive minutes without conceding?

He only lost his place to a serious knee injury which ruled him out for about a year.

He was so good, he managed to keep goals conceded below treble figures in a defence marshalled by Keith Dublin.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleetshrimp @ July 26 2005,23:19)]Laurie Dudfield is 50/50 for coming back to the club. Some people in the know seem to think he will be back this week!!
I hope not, he is a non league player.

Let him sign for Kettering.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 27 2005,12:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ July 26 2005,23:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pato the Blue @ July 26 2005,23:55)]Leon Constantine was originally a trialist - Need I saw anymore?
Who?

WS
As was Freddy Eastwood!
No. Freddy Eastwood was originally on loan, never on trial with us. If you want to be picky you could say that the one month loan was a type of trial for him.

Incidently, how did Ibe Kenzie get on last night? I missed the game and would be interested to know how he and the other trialist got on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ July 27 2005,12:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 27 2005,12:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ July 26 2005,23:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pato the Blue @ July 26 2005,23:55)]Leon Constantine was originally a trialist - Need I saw anymore?
Who?

WS
As was Freddy Eastwood!
No. Freddy Eastwood was originally on loan, never on trial with us. If you want to be picky you could say that the one month loan was a type of trial for him.

Incidently, how did Ibe Kenzie get on last night? I missed the game and would be interested to know how he and the other trialist got on.
It was a trial in the form of a loan, I suggest that you aer the picky one!!

tounge.gif

We aren't in the business of borrowing players from non-league as stop-gaps. There would have to be a particular reason - i.e. a trial with a view to a permanent move, as it very definately was in this case.

For the purposes of relevance to the original point in this particular debate (that we shouldnt get players on trial from non-league clubs) my point is relevant in its originally stated form.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 27 2005,14:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ July 27 2005,14:05)]I take all of your posts now with a pinch of salt
Mine?
No not you
wink.gif

I seem to have left out the 'Wiggy' part of my post

Back