• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Where is the bottom?

We were getting thrashed every game and now we are at least competitive picking up the odd point or only losing by 1 or 2 goals. This obviously isn't success but given that we have lost senior players and brought nobody in I don't think the blame should be put on Sol's doorstep
I swear some people have forgotten this just because we won a couple of matches recently (the second of which was won with the defensive tactics Sol is being criticised for).

We were getting thrashed every game and now we are at least competitive picking up the odd point or only losing by 1 or 2 goals. This obviously isn't success but given that we have lost senior players and brought nobody in I don't think the blame should be put on Sol's doorstep
Not saying you’re wrong in that we are more competitive but we have lost the last 5, 3 of them at home and conceded 4 against Peterborough and 3 against Burton. What concerned me about Burton was it was like the bad old days of earlier in the season, conceding early as we were asleep and again 2nd half .. individual avoidable errors. It’s a lot of games in a short space of time though and lack of experience/tiredness rather than laziness cost us a point at least. If I was Sol I’d give Clifford, MN and Mantom a rest vs Oxford.

If by some miracle we do sign those Macclesfield players then that would at least allow us to rest a couple of youngsters. Will believe it when I see it though.

Not saying you’re wrong in that we are more competitive but we have lost the last 5, 3 of them at home and conceded 4 against Peterborough and 3 against Burton. What concerned me about Burton was it was like the bad old days of earlier in the season, conceding early as we were asleep and again 2nd half .. individual avoidable errors. It’s a lot of games in a short space of time though and lack of experience/tiredness rather than laziness cost us a point at least. If I was Sol I’d give Clifford, MN and Mantom a rest vs Oxford.

To be fair to Sol, he has rotated to the best of his ability given his lack of options. He has played kids instead of the likes of McLaughlin and Demi to give them recovery time etc. I think his understanding of getting the best out of players fitness wise is quite good, or at the very least he surrounds himself with people who have expertise (Tony Colbert). the problem is that he doesn't have the squad to do this as effectively as he'd like.

To be fair to Sol, he has rotated to the best of his ability given his lack of options. He has played kids instead of the likes of McLaughlin and Demi to give them recovery time etc. I think his understanding of getting the best out of players fitness wise is quite good, or at the very least he surrounds himself with people who have expertise (Tony Colbert). the problem is that he doesn't have the squad to do this as effectively as he'd like.
Fitness wise, there’s been a noticeable improvement. Of course who he rotates and when not all fans are gonna agree with. Sol sees the players in training .. we don’t .. there’ll be more changes on Sat for sure.

Fitness wise, there’s been a noticeable improvement. Of course who he rotates and when not all fans are gonna agree with. Sol sees the players in training .. we don’t .. there’ll be more changes on Sat for sure.
Nail on the head there mate, I've questioned decisions and selections from every manager we've had but I don't think for a minute I could do a better job than any of them. Plus no manager at this level will make the right calls 100% of the time.

Nail on the head there mate, I've questioned decisions and selections from every manager we've had but I don't think for a minute I could do a better job than any of them. Plus no manager at this level will make the right calls 100% of the time.
Even Bond?! :Winking:

There is no answer to the thread title. When we start moving forward again, we'll know we've climbed from the bottom. If you want an indication then I'd wait until the close of the summer transfer window, to find out if we have a squad sufficient to compete and prosper in League Two next season. If the answer to that ends up being negative..............how deep is a black hole???

Unlike the fella in the South Lower near me who spent the whole 90 mins almost, yelling instructions at Sol, including what trousers he should wear.
I'd hate to think what tactics he would employ .. would probably stick Dieng in goal.

Nothing to do with his tactics then?

Unlike the fella in the South Lower near me who spent the whole 90 mins almost, yelling instructions at Sol, including what trousers he should wear.
I'd hate to think what tactics he would employ .. would probably stick Dieng in goal.

What type of trouser was he suggesting?

Hard to be worse than losing every game 3, 4, 5 nil every week

Yep, earlier this season was really bad.

We've only lost 1 of our last 15 by 3 or more (and a further 2 by 2 goals)

The previous 15 league games we lost by 3 or more on 5 (FIVE) occasions:Sick:(and a further 2 by 2 goals)

Back