• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"Where's the money gone"...

What would you do with the money?

• Spend spend spend- We'll be the Man City of league 1!

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Put the cash in the bank- once the stadium comes then we can spend!

Votes: 25 69.4%

• Total voters
I will find out tomorrow morning, at 9:30.

You got a meeting with him then? Very interesting.

At his request, a personal call to my mobile this afternoon, to say the least, in a state of shock. However, i will be back here tomorrow, maybe with some answers, maybe with an apology, maybe with more ciritcism than ever, we'll see.

At his request, a personal call to my mobile this afternoon, to say the least, in a state of shock. However, i will be back here tomorrow, maybe with some answers, maybe with an apology, maybe with more ciritcism than ever, we'll see.

Maybe with a lawsuit issued on yer;)

We can see now where Irritable Ian goes wrong now,he just ain't forceful enough!

J for PM!

I'm glad to hear you are man enough to go and see him in person. I can think of many people that slag him and the manager off every Saturday afternoon and would soon crawl back to their holes if they were invited to a similar meeting. The guy sitting next to me last night was just that kind of person.

Hopefully you can get the answers you need to be satisfied that he is the man to take the club forward and we can concentrate on getting behind the team once again.

:support:

I'm glad to hear you are man enough to go and see him in person. I can think of many people that slag him and the manager off every Saturday afternoon and would soon crawl back to their holes if they were invited to a similar meeting. The guy sitting next to me last night was just that kind of person.

Hopefully you can get the answers you need to be satisfied that he is the man to take the club forward and we can concentrate on getting behind the team once again.

:support:

Exactly, there's no point in me asking questions on here, about the spending of money, when i am not prepared to hear the answers. I still think this idea of lawsuit is ludircous, as i have only stated opinions when it comes to this subject.

i would rather have an established championship team, before i even start thinking about a new stadium!!!!

correct! especially a stadium that is gonna be 22,000.. far to big at the moment.. should be 15 - 18,000 with the foundations for it to be extended if need be!

ok. good luck. P.S. Try and Video the interview ;)

I still think this idea of lawsuit is ludircous, as i have only stated opinions when it comes to this subject.

But if those opinions are of a defamatory nature based on your own assumptions with no factual substance and then posted on a public forum...

But if those opinions are of a defamatory nature based on your own assumptions with no factual substance and then posted on a public forum...

Most cases are thrown out - because a fact - is something that can be proved or disproved in court - such quotes as - "Why is more investment going to stadiums than players" - is attempted fact, one i'd win, where as "I think ron martin is out to screw as he is a ****" that's opinion, and to be honest, i'd love them to try and prove that in court.

Anyway, it never did, and never was, going to come to that.

As I said in another thread, what money is that then?

We're in the process of saving cash for building a colossal stadium at a time which is financial suicide.

I doubt we got much for Bailey - a lot of that will come later on I suspect in clauses. We got nothing for Flavs or Gower, and pittance for Harrold.

Eastwood's fee was just under the amount we need to activate the sell-on money I believe someone said?

Then there's lower league attendances, getting knocked out of the cups early last (and so far this) year, lower TV revenue coupled with having to pay some of our better players more in order to keep them?

Am I missing something?

Back