• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cup

• JPT

Votes: 82 85.4%
  • FA Cup

Votes: 14 14.6%

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Before anyone speaks up I appreicate the league is the key.

However I wondering whcih cup would be PS's priority?

On one hand were could potentially taste glory in the LDV. Swindon at home I would think were just about favourites for and a win there will set us up with a two legged tie again against two sides that we wont be scared off. Win that and were at Wembley with a good chance of silverwear.

On the flip side the FA Cup at home to Oldham again got to fancy your chances to a degree. One win puts us in the hat and one of about 20 sides away would probably make us a small fortune.

What do you think is PS priority?

the league will always come first but the ldv or JPT as it is now known :P as it is a chance to play at wembley :D and doesnt involve the luck of us pulling a huge team in the fa cup

LDV final is 2 ties away, so would be my preference. With the FA Cup, if we get to R3 will probably get a naff draw, or even worse away to Man U and have a chance (albeit small) of losing our 100% record

JPT... because there is a reasonable chance of an actual trophy at the end of it and a cash bonanza of a massive gate if we got to the final.

Having said this... any cuo competition is a far 2nd to the league.

While it would be great to go to Wembley in the JPT if of course we progress, you still can't beat the FA Cup as the best cup competition anywhere. **** your cash cow league, the FA Cup every time, and hopefully we'll get Arsenal home or away to complete the set.

Niether cup should be our priority .It would be nice to get to Wembley in the JPT but getting out of leauge 2 must take centre stage .We have come so far this season it would put the iceing on the cake to get promoted .It not as champions then up in the top three .Playoffs is a no brainer we dont want that .

LDV without a doubt, if we do Swindon we will probably get Brentford netting another 100k for the club and with a 50/50 chance of beating them it could be another 500k. If we manage to overcome the mighty Oldham on Saturday I can see us getting some dire Championship club in the third round and getting turne dover.

As you say, League is key. In my opinion any cup run is a distraction to getting out of League 2.

That aside, we should ask which is the more winnable and without doubt it's the JPT. So, let's go for that.

Before anyone speaks up I appreicate the league is the key.

Niether cup should be our priority .It would be nice to get to Wembley in the JPT but getting out of leauge 2 must take centre stage .We have come so far this season it would put the iceing on the cake to get promoted .It not as champions then up in the top three .Playoffs is a no brainer we dont want that .

Dontcha just love it when people don't read the first post of a thread.

The 'feel good factor' that the LDV 'success' gave the town was a (I believe) a helping hand in the promotions and the league one title. Considering how many we took to Cardiff I would expect us to take 25,000, at least, to Wembley. Got to be the JPT for me.

Has to be JPT as others have mentioned not only is it the most winnable but we are only 3 games from Wembley and putting some much needed funds in the coffers to help us on surge up the leagues.

Our priority should have been the Essex Senior Cup. Our quick exit illustrates the paucity of ambition at the club. Sturrock out!

FA Cup for me. 3rd round could (but prob won't) give us some much needed cash.

I'd suggest theres no more than 6 .. 10 at a push .. clubs that will have a remotely decent crowd should it happen

Man United
Arsenal
Chelsea
Spurs
Liverpool
Everton
W*** H**

maybe Man $ity and Aston Villa at a push .. others ??

Back