• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which former player...

1. Spencer Prior or Paul Clark - we haven't kept enough clean sheets. If we could have kept them out we've scored enough (we're in the top half of goals scored, despite missing a forward for much of the season and apparently having a defensive manager) to have been clear of trouble.

2. Nicky Bailey - he'd shield the defence, get stuck in, ruffle feathers and get forward and score goals.
My nomination was prime Nicky Bailey. The complete midfielder

Great shout on Alan Moody.

That promotion side of 1980-81 we kept clean sheets for fun. Moody being front and centre in every respect.

Could take a mean penalty, as well.

1. Michael Timlin

2. A tricky choice but I think Billy Garner (Roy Mcdonough was a close second).

Both my selections were winners with a large slice of steel when needed. And in Timlin's case a rubber helmet as well (a must for hard men)!

Last edited:
Trying to see beyond the obvious clamours for Collymore and Eastwood, I'm looking for two answers here (albeit they might both be the same).

1) Which former player in their SUFC prime would have been most useful in getting us through our abject injury crisis (our season up to this point)?
2) Which former player in their SUFC prime would you throw in now to lead us to mid-table and safety (our season beginning now) given that some of our walking wounded are starting to return?

Tough tackling midfielder? Proven goalscorer? No-nonsense defender? Creative outlet? Roll-the-sleeves-up leader of men?

1) Adam Barret or Michael Timlin, pure passion from either of those it was a huge mistake letting Timlin go at the start of the season. Had he stayed I doubt we would be in the position we are in.

2) Barry Corr, absolutely love that bloke and when he was in his prime he was unstoppable. He definitely would have helped with option 1 problem is he probably would’ve been injured too. A gust of wind would injury that big beautiful man near the end.

1) Adam Barret or Michael Timlin, pure passion from either of those it was a huge mistake letting Timlin go at the start of the season. Had he stayed I doubt we would be in the position we are in.

2) Barry Corr, absolutely love that bloke and when he was in his prime he was unstoppable. He definitely would have helped with option 1 problem is he probably would’ve been injured too. A gust of wind would injury that big beautiful man near the end.

Did I read somewhere that Tims is doing his training badges ?

Did I read somewhere that Tims is doing his training badges ?

I hope so, would love to have him back one day in some sort of capacity. The passion that man has for the club is outstanding.

I hope so, would love to have him back one day in some sort of capacity. The passion that man has for the club is outstanding.
just don't happen to be a teammate who carshares with him.

1.Nicky Bailey. Too many matches we've been bullied. Hard b*$t@rd but decent on the ball and scored goals.

2. A proper target man who can also score up front with Coxy - Brett Angell in his prime.

1 Ryan Leonard - our midfield has been nothing short of shambolic this season, we could have really done with Lenny’s tenacity in the middle up to now.

2 Freddy Eastwood is the obvious choice, but instead I say Lee Barnard - With most of our defence coming back we now need a front man, who can score regularly, Barnard is the man!

Back