• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which movie....

phsend

First XI
...do all these classic lines come from?

• I'm just a bloody normal bloke. A normal bloke who likes a bit of torture.
  • Jimmy, if you keep stabbing me, you're going to kill me.
  • Aw, look. The bloke's been my best mate since 1975. We've had our fall-outs from time to time. It's no big deal. It's like... if your mum stabbed you.
  • Beethoven had his critics too, Keithy, see if you can name three of them.
  • No, I did not drive him to the hospital! Do I look like Mother Teresa to you?

They were selling it in HMV for bloody two quid! Great movie almost as good as Snatch and Love, Honour and Obey.

Look, all I can tell you is what I've already told Mister Beasley: none of us saw anything. It was just one of those things: Bluey Barnes was reading a magazine; Ambrose Hatcheson was taking a ****; Johnny Price was washing his hands; Jimmy Loughnan was watching a bullant crawl across the table, and I was watching Jimmy watching the bullant.

Yeah, I know - and I can't even bloody spell. What about those poor bloody academics, those college graduates, battling their guts out to write some airy-fairy piece of exaggerated artwork? And here's a bloke, sitting in a cell, who can't spell, and he's written a best-seller. It's sold two hundred and fifty thousand copies. And it's still selling. And he's writing another one. And I can't even spell. I'm semi-bloody-illiterate.

A truely awesome film!! For bringing this up I salute you!

for those of us who are ignorant in the 'ooh lets quote film lines at each other, and look really clever amongst our friends, but complete knob head trainspotters to others'..prey tell, what film is it?..or is it a secret? sssshhhhhh!

for those of us who are ignorant in the 'ooh lets quote film lines at each other, and look really clever amongst our friends, but complete knob head trainspotters to others'..prey tell, what film is it?..or is it a secret? sssshhhhhh!

I think it might be one of those Childrens Film Foundation films like The Glitterball, The battle for Billy's pond or Sammy's super T-shirt.

Last edited:

I don't know either, I'm guessing it's not a Disney one though.

Chopper, Eric Bana's debut and cracking little film of a real life psychopath.

Eric_Bana_jako_Chopper_1994304.jpg

Why would I shoot a bloke BANG, then drive him to the bloody car and wizz him off to the hospital at a hundred miles an hour? It defeats the purpose of having shot him in the first place.

right..thanks for clering that up...still none the wiser..must be an 'in film' cult stuff eh?

A superb watch! Definately worth a watch. I somehow seemed to acquire a copy. Think someone left it round my house but I am not actively searching them out to give it back!

right..thanks for clering that up...still none the wiser..must be an 'in film' cult stuff eh?

It's a biopic that is very, very loosely based on the tales from the book "Chopper" written by Mark Brandon 'Chopper' Read, an Australian ex-convict. He is notorious in so much that he used to steal from drug dealers and kidnap & torture members of the criminal underworld.

Mark Brandon Read

The film, released in 2000, was Eric Bana's first real acting role for which he received critical recognition. Bana shaved his head, gained 30lbs and spent five hours a day in make-up to have Read's trademark tattoos cover his torso and arms. He is almost unrecognisable.

250px-Chopper-Bana.jpg

Back