• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

who's your secret second team?

Second best team: Havant & Waterlooville, from my Pompey days. Proof that merging two teams together can work. How else would you ever get a chant that went:

Come on Havant, Come on Havant! 'Looville, 'Looville, 'Looville, 'Looville.

Sadly, I never remember them starting a "Can you give me an 'H'..."

Liverpool for me too..
I often used to go RH on a Friday night then Anfield on the Saturday in the day's when you could pay on the day in our top division

West Ham

:ashamed:

I was actually a West Ham fan first and foremost up until I truely discovered the Shrimpers in the early 90s. I'd been going to games at Roots Hall off and on from the age of about 8 but my Grandad was a life-long West Ham fan and I fell into following them. Later on I started coming to Southend every game and found myself careing less and less about what was going on at Upton Park. Now its not even close. I still keep an eye out for their results but I don't lose any sleep over them.

I've got a Celtic shirt too and have a bit of a soft spot for them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 20 2005,12:54)]Clyde
Presumably only since Graeme Jones & Alex Burns linked up there...

tounge.gif

Aren't they the same league (Div 1) as Airdrie? If so, boo hiss!

glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 20 2005,13:44)]Second best team:  Havant & Waterlooville

Sadly, I never remember them starting a "Can you give me an 'H'..."
That's not as good as the joke about Borussia Monchengladbach (sic) tho......
tounge.gif

RKC Waalwijk of the Dutch Premier league.

Mainly because i used to work for a company that it's head office was in Waalwijk (near Breda and Tilburg).
And when i went to work out (at the head office) in Holland for some time i went to one of their games against Fortuna Sittard. Result was 0-0.

The company used to have pitch side sponsorship and got complimentary tickets for every game.

Excellent club, supporters and atmosphere. Was made to feel very welcome and the night i went i wore my Southend Scarf, to try and spread the word. Lots of fans spoke to me about the scarf and about S.U.F.C. which i found cool.

I always look out for their results.

The club could be compared to say Southampton but with a much smaller ground! Like Southhampton, they always struggle and seem to avoid relegation.

Waalwijk play in blue and yellow and i think Martin Jol or Frank Arnesen of Spurs used to be manager there.

Another team i look out for are Tottenham, as my Uncle is a season ticket holder there, and have been to many games with with in the Klinsmann and Gerry Francis era.

East Thurrock United F.C. are my most local team, and i look out for their results too and keep tabs of whats going on there at Rookery Hill.

First and foremost im Southend through and through!

UP THE BLUES!

Liverpool, I've been a fan as long as I can remember. Seen them play six or seven times including two trips to Anfield.

Probably Hornchurch and Dagenham and Redbridge for me. Been to see them both twice this year and I'm off to Hornchurch against Newport County on Saturday. It's a completely different atmosphere down there now after their troubles. Infact they've gone from getting 800-900 more often than not to getting 250-400 now. Incredible just how many glory hunting fans there are, even at that sort of level. First sniff of defeat and vroom, they're gone. Just when the club needs them most as well.
sad.gif

My second team is Aston villa, i've liked them ever since i was younger and i went and saw them play when southend were playing away, villa were playing crystal palace.

Back