• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I will.....frightened that if I don't they will have a good season!!! (been like that for 36 seasons now!)

Last night was dire but I feel you have to go through the bad games to thoroughly enjoy the good one's

A great view that makes last night much easier to swallow. Terrible, terrible night but they won't all be like that. The Orient one a few weeks back and the day trip to Wembley were and will be something special.

Sounds like plenty of you will be renewing but I'm sure there will be a fair few that won't be.
Just clicked on the Season Ticket info on the Official Site and it brings up last years prices and last years renewals form!!!!
http://www.southendunited.co.uk/tickets/season-tickets/

I still can't find the season ticket renewal details on the Official Site. The Season Ticket news just gives you last seasons details I have searched through the news items but could not see anything, has anyone a link they can find, thanks. Scrub that just found it http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/080213-season-cards-2013-14-645227.aspx Not easy to find.

I am not renewing after ten years as a season ticket holder for a couple of reasons.

I missed last night as being an exile I couldnt really take the chance of getting stuck in snow. That is the 2nd game I have missed this season and who knows I might miss more if the bad weather persists. In the past I would have dragged myself to Roots Hall last night but I am not doing it anymore when I dont feel 100%

I can always get a spot on the North which I wasnt able to guarantee in the South upper so there is no seating issue. The saving is not much and I dont really want to part with money that I currently have invested and is doing well for such a small savings.

I hope I still feel the urge to go to all the games but I am not looking to be tied into going in the way I was in the past. Add to this the football has been really **** for the vast majority of home games and its hardly inspiring me to come back.

Terrible, terrible night but they won't all be like that. The Orient one a few weeks back and the day trip to Wembley were and will be something special.
Completely agree with SBH and I will definitely be renewing my season tickets. Yes it was a bad night but just think back to the ecstatic scenes a couple of weeks ago when we realised we were going to Wembley for the first time in 80 odd years. You have to take the rough with the smooth and put nights like last night behind you. Good news was it wasn't quite as cold as I thought it would be!!

Dont understand not renewing your ticket for any other reason other than being able to afford it or not being able to go week on week.

I support Southend, have done since I was 8 (I am now 34). I will continue to support my Club, through thick and thin for as long as I can feasibly afford too.

You support a football club for life I am afraid, regardless of results.

Thats my own personal opinion !!

So the club have actually reduced Season Ticket prices for Junior renewals down from £100 this season to £75 for next season and the Under 8 Season Ticket renewal down from £40 to £23. Apart from an additional child in the family stand that is the same price for some reason.

Just because we go through some rough patches, doesn't mean to say that we shouldn't be supporting the team. For most of us it is our local side and go to Roots Hall every other week because we love our football club!!!

Maths are a bit off there fella. Renewel for me & young 'un was £425 working out at £18.50 a game.

On matchday prices £425 buys me less than 14 games & advance prices just over 15. Seem's good value to me plus there's always the bonus of ensuring tickets/seats for cup games.

How much is an adult season ticket? £370? If I buy (advanced) tickets it would cost me £437 for the season, so a £67 saving.

Miss 3-4 games a season (possibly more) & it works out the same or I'm losing money.

Understand about cup games etc, but with only 3500(?) seaso's I'm not too worried!!

I will renew but not until i absolutely have to! The tiny discount for being an early renewer is hardly worth the bother.

I do understand where DTS comes from though, lets face it a season ticket is a commital to going to every match of the season. If you cant make it for whatever reason or just don't feel like it then the supposed discount is gone.

I also think that being a shareholder seems to get you the same priority on big game tickets (Chelsea, Crewe Playoffs, Crewe Wembley etc.) without having had to fork out season ticket money but doesnt mean you are tied to being a S/T holder.

I do understand where DTS comes from though, lets face it a season ticket is a COMMITTAL to going to every match of the season. If you cant make it for whatever reason or just don't feel like it then the supposed discount is gone.

Was that a Freudian slip?

I am not renewing after ten years as a season ticket holder for a couple of reasons.

I missed last night as being an exile I couldnt really take the chance of getting stuck in snow. That is the 2nd game I have missed this season and who knows I might miss more if the bad weather persists. In the past I would have dragged myself to Roots Hall last night but I am not doing it anymore when I dont feel 100%

I can always get a spot on the North which I wasnt able to guarantee in the South upper so there is no seating issue. The saving is not much and I dont really want to part with money that I currently have invested and is doing well for such a small savings.

I hope I still feel the urge to go to all the games but I am not looking to be tied into going in the way I was in the past. Add to this the football has been really **** for the vast majority of home games and its hardly inspiring me to come back.

What he said...

As an exile I had to think long and hard whether or not to renew.

Ha ha, no I didn't! I renewed as soon as I could, and bought an extra one for my son too.

I'll be renewing mine, nephew's and granddaughter's season tickets. Wouldn't dream of not renewing unless I couldn't afford it, even though it commits me to a 172 mile round-trip every home match. I support Southend United and hope they're successful and playing attractive football, but tbh I've seen far worse and less successful footie than we're currently being served up with.

Will be renewing 2 season tickets as soon as I can get the cash together. Bit of a no-brainer for me really, I didn't even consider not renewing. Quite apart from the fact you do save something, there's always the option of a guaranteed ticket should we string together a cup run. Yes, I know tickets would probably be available anyway, but quite honestly I am a creature of habit and I like where I sit and I like not having to wait around or panic about getting hold of tickets.

Also, no matter how bad we are or how thoroughly dejected I am after games like last night, time spent watching SUFC is still better spent than doing virtualy anything else I can think of - which is of course why I started supporting in the first place.

Life is certainly never dull around these parts.

Maths are a bit off there fella. Renewel for me & young 'un was £425 working out at £18.50 a game.

On matchday prices £425 buys me less than 14 games & advance prices just over 15. Seem's good value to me plus there's always the bonus of ensuring tickets/seats for cup games.

thats not really a fair comparrsion
the youth season ticket makes a lot of sense financially, the adult ticket does not - if you know you will not be able to attend all matches . Thats why I am not a season ticket holder, but I pay for my sons season ticket

Back