• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wasn't there but listened online. If he had come back and not really been bothered, we could have had cause for complaint and for suggestions about him being money- grabbing. Surely the fact that he was committed enough to make the positive impression he did and committed enough to get another red (wonder how much the ref expected that too?) shows that he is simply someone who can't keep emotions under control and who suffers from too much 'honesty' rather than any sort of deviousness. Who knows what was said privately but I see this as bravery under adversity rather than foolishness by PS. And no I am not PS and you can't claim your £5!

Mohsni was by far the best player on the pitch before he was sent off. Sturroc also cost us the game, I guarantee if he gave Reeves and Harris 20 minutes instead of 2 they would have got us something out of that game. I bet you weren't having a go at cresswell when he pushed someone who wasn't even on the pitch, at least Mohsni was making an honest (albeit a bit crazy) attempt to get the ball.

Really? How

I think those against Bilel and the decision to play him yesterday should listen to what Barry Corr had to say about this in his post-match interview (on Blues Player). I think this also blows out of the water the theory that his presence in the squad would be bad for team morale (the present team that is)

I'm glad BL came back; he was pure class; OK it was a rash challenge borne of over-enthusiasm (unlike Creswell's which was plain stupid and has cost us dear); and I'd gladly see him back in the team as first choice CB.

Really? How
Well maybe not definitely but all the players looked tired, assombalonga had nothing left in him and we just needed a bit of creativity and fresh legs to get a late winner, sturrock knew this but waited till the 92nd minute to do it

Who at the club made that decision to bring back that French Judas?

He cost us last year and will no doubt as proven today cost us this year.

How much did it cost for us to bribe the onion speaking **** to play for us again?

That **** should never been allowed back in essex let alone Roots Hall

F*****g Disgrace

Two faced prick should go back to Ipswich,Wet Spam,Blackpool.............................

Sturrock made the decision which he defends on the basis of limited players available. Seems fair enough to me.

It was a gamble. What if he'd played a blinder and scored the winner? Just as likely as what actually happened and we'd all be signing Mohsni's and Sturrock's praises.

Anyway, that didn't happen. But there's no need for racism on here and if you can't post sensibly after a couple of shandies in the pub, then don't post at all.

Mohsni has had trials at various clubs and you can be sure that all other clubs were aware that he is available for transfer from Southend. Not one club or manager has wanted to sign him, surely there is the answer to many of the questions about him. As for whose idea it was to let him play again we will probably never know but it was a short term decision that could have long term problems. Sounds as if you can get away with anything at this club and then be welcomed back with open arms.

Well maybe not definitely but all the players looked tired, assombalonga had nothing left in him and we just needed a bit of creativity and fresh legs to get a late winner, sturrock knew this but waited till the 92nd minute to do it

I agree it made little sense to make a double change halfway through injury time - it just helped out Northampton with their timewasting

Honest question here, as I've not seen the tackle (only stills of it)

If we look at the sending off within the context of Bilel's Southend career, then understandably he's not going to come off very favourably. What I would be interested in though is bearing in mind he'd calmed down a bit towards the latter parts of last season, and shown signs of maturing, how does the sending off look within the context of his last few months of playing for us?

What I'm getting at is if we assume he was at least a partially reformed player towards the end of 2011/12, is this sending off a sign that he's back to his old ways, or a sending off that just happened to happen to him but could've happened to anyone?

I can't believe what I'm reading! There are certain people on this thread actually mentioning Mohsni and Cresswell in the same breath! Cresswell has been immense all season and has worked his nuts off for this team, where the f**k has Mohsni been? Cresswell made a mistake and it has affected us badly, ONE mistake. Mohsni on the other hand has not only made several he even decided to "Bruce Lee" someone just 27 mins into his return after posting an apology on the OS saying these things won't happen again! To compare Mohsni to Cresswell is an absolute insult to Cressy. Mohsni out of nowhere had the possibility of playing at Wembley, he blew it for both himself and us. Do the decent thing Ron and sack him now, the guy will never change - he is incapable of it and it will eventually ruin his career.

Oh and for the benefit of those not on Twitter I shall say this again, a message to those fans who gave Mohsni a standing ovation as he left the pitch - you make me sick. :thumbdown::angry:

I think those against Bilel and the decision to play him yesterday should listen to what Barry Corr had to say about this in his post-match interview (on Blues Player). I think this also blows out of the water the theory that his presence in the squad would be bad for team morale (the present team that is)

BBBC's hardly going to say "well it doesn't surprise me, we never wanted him back anyway" incase Sturrock decides to give him (another!) chance. You can bet your life his interview is a million miles away from what most players are thinking behind closed doors.

I can't believe what I'm reading! There are certain people on this thread actually mentioning Mohsni and Cresswell in the same breath! Cresswell has been immense all season and has worked his nuts off for this team, where the f**k has Mohsni been? Cresswell made a mistake and it has affected us badly, ONE mistake. Mohsni on the other hand has not only made several he even decided to "Bruce Lee" someone just 27 mins into his return after posting an apology on the OS saying these things won't happen again! To compare Mohsni to Cresswell is an absolute insult to Cressy. Mohsni out of nowhere had the possibility of playing at Wembley, he blew it for both himself and us. Do the decent thing Ron and sack him now, the guy will nevrr change - he is incapable of it and it will eventually ruin his career.

Oh and for the benefit of those not on Twitter I shall say this again, a message to those fans who gave Mohsni a standing ovation as he left the pitch - you make me sick. :thumbdown::angry:

If anything, Cresswell is worse than Mohsni. Mohsni's tackle was exactly the same as the Northampton player, Mohsni's connected, the other guys didn't. Ref was wrong to send Mohsni off, a yellow for each. Past sending offs have nothing to do with it.

Compare this to Cresswell who wasn't challenging for a ball but lost his rag and pushed a player over off the pitch. Violent conduct. We are now in this predicament because of Cresswell, not because of Mohsni.

Honest question here, as I've not seen the tackle (only stills of it)

If we look at the sending off within the context of Bilel's Southend career, then understandably he's not going to come off very favourably. What I would be interested in though is bearing in mind he'd calmed down a bit towards the latter parts of last season, and shown signs of maturing, how does the sending off look within the context of his last few months of playing for us?

What I'm getting at is if we assume he was at least a partially reformed player towards the end of 2011/12, is this sending off a sign that he's back to his old ways, or a sending off that just happened to happen to him but could've happened to anyone?

Nothing malicious in the tackle at all. Was a bit of a 50/50 and Bilel was the one that made contact. Could easily have happened to Prosser/Phillips/Cresswell.

I put it down to over-eagerness to get involved but he was very good up until that point and was visibly upset with himself following the red card. I have to say, I would give him another chance (I know, another one).

If anything, Cresswell is worse than Mohsni. Mohsni's tackle was exactly the same as the Northampton player, Mohsni's connected, the other guys didn't. Ref was wrong to send Mohsni off, a yellow for each.

I'm actually struggling to believe this is a serious post - if the referee had given Mohsni anything other than red it would have been right up there as one of the worst decisions I've ever seen at the Hall! Me thinks you may be on a fishing trip here dwb....

P.S. For the record I am a Level 5 referee myself - if I'd have given anything other than red for a tackle that looked more at home in a kung-fu film my assessors would have CRUCIFIED me....

I'm actually struggling to believe this is a serious post - if the referee had given Mohsni anything other than red it would have been right up there as one of the worst decisions I've ever seen at the Hall! Me thinks you may be on a fishing trip here dwb....

P.S. For the record I am a Level 5 referee myself - if I'd have given anything other than red for a tackle that looked more at home in a kung-fu film my assessors would have CRUCIFIED me....

Both players went for the ball in the same fashion. What don't you understand about that?

Mohsni was sent off trying to win the ball, Cresswell was sent off for pushing someone over, violent conduct. Which is worse?

If anything, Cresswell is worse than Mohsni. Mohsni's tackle was exactly the same as the Northampton player, Mohsni's connected, the other guys didn't. Ref was wrong to send Mohsni off, a yellow for each. Past sending offs have nothing to do with it.

Compare this to Cresswell who wasn't challenging for a ball but lost his rag and pushed a player over off the pitch. Violent conduct. We are now in this predicament because of Cresswell, not because of Mohsni.

Exactly this. If Cresswell hadn't done what he did last week, we'd probably never have seen Bilel again.

I agree Cressy has been immense all season but that doesn't make him indefensible in an act of pure stupidity.

In Mohsni's defence he did get the ball. Unfortunately it was one attached to a Northampton player instead of the big white one.

Back